George - Long

This takes a while to reach the romance part of the one shot, but I promise it's there. There will be typos here and there because I'm on my phone. Also in this the trio is only one year below the twins, not two

Vivian had found it hard to adjust to Hogwarts. She was muggle born, everyone in her family was clueless about magic. To make things worse it turns out being muggle born doesn't get you the warmest reception with a lot of magical families either, so she was both clueless and an outcast.
On her first day she was excited, unaware of all the prejudices surrounding her. She was surrounded by at least thirty other eleven year old's excited to be sorted into their houses. She didn't remember the exact house names even though they'd only been read moments prior to hers, standing in what she would come to know is the great hall. Something along the lines of Griffins doors, slithering, Huff puff and ravens claw. From the mumbles she could make out from other people's conversations slithering was for all the nasty witches and wizards, huff puff was for everyone with their heads in the clouds, ravens claw was for smart posh people and Griffin's doors was for the rebels. Vivian wasn't quite sure where she fit into any of them, all she knew was she especially didn't want to be in Slitherings.
Alas, that's where she ended up. Except it was Slytherin not Slithering's. Both were ugly names if you asked Vivian, ugly house name to match the ugly people in it and the ugly head of house - Snape. He was merely a bully whom she loathed with all her might. Vivian was convinced the sorting hat had made some kind of mistake, she'd tried to speak to Dumbledore or professor McGonagall but neither would listen. "The sorting hat doesn't make mistakes". Except it did. So Vivian was stuck in Slytherin where the people hated her for being muggle-born and she hated them for being generally cruel and intolerable people. Not all of them were bad, and it angered Vivian that those placed in Slytherin were treated so poorly. A few bad people didn't make the whole house evil. By her third year Vivian found she couldn't help but comfort weeping first year students sorted into Slytherin who were taunted by anyone who felt like someone wearing the Slytherin badge somehow didn't have feelings.

Although still excluded, especially by her own year and the two years above her, Vivian was quite a maternal figure for the younger Slytherin's who had trouble adapting. They knew she didn't fit in, but they showed kindness to her as she had to them. Sadly this kindness didn't stretch far, Vivian was excluded to the very ends of the table for each meal and found herself sitting alone each lesson unless a seating plan was made by the teacher. Seating plans were even worse for her though, as others would give her snide comments about how she didn't belong there. Vivian really didn't need someone to tell her she didn't belong, she knew she didn't. Part of Vivian wanted to drop out, but she felt like if she did she'd be a failure, felt she'd disappoint her parents. That could never be an option so she stayed.

In her earlier years Vivian had attempted to sneak into other houses common rooms, prove she could fit in somewhere else. First she tried Hufflepuff as she figured they would have the least security, merely taping some barrels, however that proved impossible. She had no idea what the rhythm of Helga Hufflepuff would sound like so was left tapping at random barrels and hoping, only resulting in her being chased off by the kitchen staff. But that was okay, she didn't believe Hufflepuff was where she would fit in anyway. No, she was better suited to Ravenclaw. Despite her hard time socially, Vivian was quite skilled academically and a talented witch if she could say so herself. Surely no riddle could be that hard she couldn't figure it out, especially if first years were having to find the answer at only 11 and succeeding in doing so.

"You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?"
Vivian stood there baffled. Then she thought she had it, her shadow? However the door rejected that. Apparently you weren't carrying your shadow. Vivian rolled her eyes, wanting to argue you were carrying it but then there was no point arguing with a Ravenclaw doorknob. So, she tried again. Hair basically weighs nothing and you carry it everywhere. Alas the door dictated hair does have weight even if minute so that was not a valid answer either. Also it claimed you can't give more than one answer so even if it was right she'd be rejected now. By this point Vivian has been stood exchanging snarky comments with a door for 10 minutes and was scared an actual Ravenclaw may pass her so reluctantly left. She could spend the night researching and thinking of an answer, assuming the 'one riddle one answer' rule expired if you left and returned. The next morning she had the answer, your name. You take it everywhere but it doesn't weigh a thing. Her new future awaited her. Except, as it turns out, the riddle you're given changes each time you return to the Ravenclaw common room. Great.