5- Uniforms and Friends?

Connor was earlier than planned, when he pulled into my drive way that morning. It seemed Stevie forgot to tell me something very important…… Connor’s school has uniforms. So here I am, standing in front of the full length mirror in the bathroom, examining the odd uniform that now covered me.

It’s not that it was ugly, no, it wasn’t half bad. It was a grey and black plaid skirt with a red blazer, the school colors, (apparently we’re the home of the Devil… God would soo object). Under the blazer was a white, girl, dress top and a black tie, that hung loosely around my neck. I had on black tights and red flats on, plus a grey bow in my hair, to complete my oh so stunning appearance.

I looked myself over, once more; I guess it could be worse…. I could be wearing a pink unicorn costume….

Heading down the stairs, I grabbed an apple and water and walked to the living room. There, seated awkwardly next to my father was Connor, trying to avoid all the awkward questions my dad was asking him.

Smiling at his discomfort, I walked into the living room and grabbed my book-bag. Connor nearly hit the ceiling as he tried to get away from my father.

My dad held back a laugh, as he once overed me. “You look good, Kiddo.”

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s go Connor,” I said walking towards the door.

“Have fun at school!” my dad yelled as we walked out of the house.

“Have fun at work!” I yelled back, closing the door behind Connor and I.

“So, honest truth. How terrible do I look right now?” I asked Connor, as we got in the car.

“Honestly?” he asked, putting on his seat belt.

I nodded, putting on mine as well.

“You look… a lot better than most of the girls at my school,” he smiled, his eyes twinkling as he started the car.

My face went from normal to full blown blush in 2 seconds flat.

“Oh…. Thanks?”

He shrugged. “You’re welcome.”

He started the car then, and pulled out of my driveway. The twenty minute ride from my house to Calson Prep was a very quiet, very uncomfortable one. I all but jumped out of the car, when we finally got there.

“Alrighty, so Mum said I had to show you where everything was… soo, follow me,” Connor said, turning towards the school and walking away.

“Um, so. There’s like no way you’re in any of my classes is there?” I asked, running to catch up with him.

“Not unless you’re some super smart freshman that has advanced classes,” he answered.

I smiled. “So there is hope.”

He raised an eyebrow.

“What did you think I did with all my non-friend time? Pot?” I questioned, laughing slightly at his confused face.

“What classes were you taking at your other high school?”

“Trig., English, Classic Literature, Psychology, American Civics, Art and Myths and Legends class,” I listed off my fingers nodded when they were all listed.

“Isn’t Psychology a college class?” he asked.

“Um, yeah, I just felt like taking that class,” I shrugged, walking into the school with Connor.

“Righhht,” he said walking down the hall and into the office. “After you,” he smiled, holding the door for me.

“What a gentleman,” I chuckled, walking through the door.