7- Mall Fun

"Dad, Amy's here!" I yelled.

"Coming!" he yelled back.

Jumping out of my seat I ran to the door, getting there right before my dad did.

"Hey Amy!" I smiled, a bit out of breath.

"Hello Lane," she replied, giving me a quick hug. "Hello, you must be Mr. Hendricks," she smiled, shaking my dad's hand.

"That I am. Amy I presume."

"The one and only," she beamed, taking her hand back.

"Well it's nice to meet one of Lanes friends. And speaking of, wasn't there another person going with you girls today?" he asked, as slyly as possible.

"Oh, yeah! Jimmy is coming as well. I just promised to be here at 4:45, so I figured I'd pick Jimmy up after Lane," she exclaimed, her smile never faltering.

"Oh, well, I guess I won't keep you guys any longer then," my dad smiled, stepping back from the door. "Have fun and try to be back by three," he said giving me a hug.

"Thanks dad. See 'ya tomorrow!" I exclaimed, grabbing my bag from by the door, and walking out. "Oh, love ya!" I yelled, back in the house.

"Love you too," he replied, pushing the door closed.

"He seems nice," Amy said as we drove to Jimmy's house.

I nodded, "He is," I smiled proud.

"But, um, where's your mum?" she asked quietly.

"Business. She's coming home tomorrow though so, that's why I have to be back by 3, so we can make dinner," I explained, starting to feel anxious.

"Oh, that's cool," she sighed, "What does she do?" 

"She's a photographer, and a damn good one at that," I smiled, think of my mothers work.

"What does she shoot?" she asked, turning into a long driveway, much like the Stepmin's.

"Pretty much anything-weddings, nature, she does photo shoots for magazines-that's where she is now," I said, as we pulled to a stop.

"What's your mum's name?" she asked, pulling her cell out, and sending a text, to I assume Jimmy.

"Sara, Sara Lyn Hendricks," I smiled, watching realization cross Amy's face.

"Wait, not The Sara Lyn Hendricks, for the Scorch magazine last month?" she asked, wide eyed.

"The very one," I smiled.

"HOLY SHIT! She's THE best photographer in the entire world!" Amy gushed, throwing her hands up.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far.. But she is pretty amazing," I laughed, enjoying the fact someone appreciated my mum as much as I did.

"Pretty amazing?!?!?! Her photos in Scorch last month were breath taking! I hung them in my room!" she exclaimed, grabbing my arm.

I winced. "Ouch,"

Amy glanced down at my gripped arm, before releasing me.

Clearing her throat, she sat up straighter. "Um, sorry about that... I just really like her work..."

"It's cool. I love when people gush about my mommy," I smiled, patting her arm.

"Hey guys," Jimmy said, making his appearance, a grumpy looking Dillon was behind him.

"Hey Jimmy," Amy and I greeted.

"Hi-ya, Dillon," I gave a little wave.

"Hi Lane," he said, arms still crossed, frown in place.