Chapter 3

"All in the days work for our brave superheroes Ladybug and Chat noir. If it wasn't for them the mayor's daughter would have been hurt" Mrs Chamack said

Marinette grins to herself spinning around on her chair.

Tikki giggles and flies over to her and lands on her shoulder.

"I knew you could do it". Marinette smiles at Tikki and pets her head with her pointer finger. Her phone buzzes making Tikki jump up in surprise and fly off it since she was sitting on it. She picks it up and the caller ID shows that it is Nathaniel. She looks at Tikki who only shrugs. She picks the phone and places it on her ear.

"Hey Nathan" she greeted looking at her computer screen.

"H-h-hey Marinette". The midnight haired girl laughed at Nathan wondering how red his face is.

"You called" Marinette said standing up and walking up to her bed

"W-will you like to go on a picnic with me?" Nathan asked as she falls on her bed. Was he asking her out on a date?

"As in a date?" Marinette asked sitting up and playing with the hem of her bed sheets.

"Uh..no ...no ..not at all. Its just a friendly outing" Nathaniel said

Marinette knew that it was more than a 'friendly outing'. She just didn't want to let Nathan down.

"Uhhhhhh" Marinette said unable to answer because Tikki  was distracting her by mouthing the words no

"I understand" Nathan said. She heard the disappointment and hurt in his voice.

"I'd love to" Marinette quickly said causing  Tikki to facepalm .

"Really?" Nathan said "t-that's great. I'll meet you in the park by three"

" Okay that sounds great" Marinette said .She cut the line and tosses the phone on her bed . Tikki gives her a disapproving look, her legs and arms crosses as she floated infront of Marinette.

Marinette groaned, falling back on her bed "Don't give me that look , Tikki" Marinette groaned, grabbing her phone.

"What look?"Tikki asked, playing dumb as Marinette's screen lit up to show her the time

2:50

"You know that look when you're trying to tell me that I did something wrong."Marinette pointed out, standing up and going down the steps "What's so wrong in saying yes to a friendly outing "

"Marinette, I know that you know that it is obviously a date. He just said that to get you to say yes"Tikki stated, stopping beside Marinette who was going through her closet.

"I know" She sighed, picking up her white flower patterned shirt along with a pair of Jean's. "But I can't bare to hurt poor Nathan's feelings"

Tikki sighed, obviously giving up and flew over to the jar of cookies sitting on her study desk.

She slips into her shirt and wore the jeans. She tied her hair into a high ponytail and slipped into her usual pink flats.

"Common Tikki" . She opened her clutch and Tikki flew into it, holding a half eaten cookie in her tiny hands. She rushes down the steps and sees her parents sitting on the couch , watching the news.

"Bye mama and papa. I'll be meeting a friend in the park" Marinette said opening the door and running out. She goes down the steps two by two and when she reaches the second to the last step, she jumps and lands on the ground without falling. She pushes the door open and runs across the street . She runs into the park but slows down when she noticed Adrien by the water fountain taking photoshoots.