Chapter 15

Three days had past .Marinette sat down in front of her mirror, tying her hair into a neat bun. She wore a white , long sleeved shirt, which was tucked into a blue , above knee lengthened skirt along with blue leggings.

"Tikki , how do I look?" Marinette asked looking at her kwami who sat on the mirror.

"You look beautiful Marinette. Now stop worrying" Tikki said as she flew over to Marinette and lands on her lap.

"But still" Marinette said ,looking at her self in the mirror "I'm meeting the Gabriel Agreste. All time renowned fashion designer. Everything has to be perfect".

"Marinette, Adrien's here for you!" Sabine yelled from downstairs causing Tikki to hide in her clutch. Marinette stood up and looked at the mirror one last time before grabbing her phone and heading down the stairs.

Adrien looked at Marinette with wide eyes and his mouth wide open, seeming to be frozen on the spot. Marinette giggled causing him to shake his head and come back into reality.

"Wow Marinette you look amazing"Adrien said , intertwining their fingers.

"Thanks" Marinette said, blushing.

A fake cough was released causing the two teens to release their grip on each other. Nathalie adjusted her glasses and looked at Sabine and Tom.

"We will be taking your daughter for a few hours and I assure you we will return her back home safely" Nathalie said. She placed her two hands on Marinette and Adrien's backs, pushing them out of the door. They walked out of the building and over to Adrien's limo .They all entered, Marinette and Adrien sitting at the back.

"Has she always been like this" Marinette whispered as the Gorilla made a U turn and drove down the street.

"Yeah.I guess you'll get used to it" Adrien whispered back.

"I hope so" Marinette whispered louder than she intended to. Nathalie turned back,looking at Marinette and Adrien.

"What was that?"Nathalie asked

"Uh I said I cant wait to see Gabriel Agreste" Marinette lied. Nathalie looked at her for a while before turning back. Marinette released a silent sigh of relief.

"Good cover up". Marinette replied with a thumbs up.

They finally arrived at the Agreste Manor. Marinette stood beside Adrien and Nathalie, all waiting for Gabriel. As soon as Gabriel walked down the second flight of stairs, the room temperature dropped. He had a stern look on his face as he looked at Marinette, as if he was judging her.

Marinette swallowed down a nervous gulp

"And you must be Marinette " Gabriel said walking down the stairs. He approached her and brought out his hand to shake hers. Marinette looked at Adrien who gestured for her to do it. Marinette brought out her hand and shook his. "I believe we've met before"

Marinette nodded her head and dropped her hands "Uh yes sir. I'm the one who one the derby hat contest"

"Ah yes. Your derby hat was amazing. You have got some serious talent there" Gabriel said smiling.

Adrien gasped. He hadn't seen his father smile ever since his mother disappeared.

"Thank you sir"Marinette said smiling at the compliment. They all made their way over to the dining area. The table was awfully large for just two people

Gabriel sat on Adrien's usual seat which was beside Marinette and Marinette was beside Adrien, who dug into his spaghetti bolognaise.

"So Marinette what do you want to become in future?"Gabriel asked pointing a forkful of spaghetti at her. She gulped down a mouthful of spaghetti before answering.

"I uh always wanted to become fashion designer" Marinette said, twisting her spaghetti around her fork "I even designed this white blouse and blue skirt"

"Father her designs are amazing" Adrien said. He leaned in and whispered into her ear "Aren't I right bugaboo?" Marinette giggled, blush staining her cheeks.

"What was that?"Gabriel asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Uh inside joke" Adrien and Marinette said in unison . Gabriel nodded and then he noticed Marinette's earing. He gasped internally as he recognized the earing, but he wasn't so sure.

"What unique earrings you have" Gabriel said not tearing his eyes away from her earring. Marinette and Adrien both exchanged confused looks. Marinette touched her earrings as she turned to face Gabriel.

"T-thank you. I uh got it from a close friend as a b-birthday present" Marinette said, still touching her earrings. Adrien noticed how uncomfortable Marinette was with this question so he grabbed her hand and got up.

"Father, I'll be going to my room". Marinette stood up, still touching her earrings. They speedily walked out of the dining area, not taking a glance at Gabriel.

Once they entered Adrien's room, he quickly shut the door and locked it. Marinette began to pace up and down

"Why was he asking about my earrings? Does he know I'm Ladybug? Adrien I'm really worried? What if he's Haawkmoth, Adrien? What if-". Adrien grabs Marinette's shoulder causing her to stop talking and look into his eyes.

"Marinette take in deep breaths". Marinette nodded and slowly took in deep breaths "Are you calm?" She nodded in reply "My father cant be HawkMoth. It's just not possible and your earrings, he could have maybe seen it before maybe when he was younger. He can't be so sure that its the ladybug earring since your earring is grey when it's not activated. "

"Adrien, what you said just now makes no sense whatsoever "Marinette said,stifling her laughter.

He shrugs "but at least it made you feel better,didn't it".Marinette rolls her eyes but nods "Good. Now let's watch a movie"

"Okay" Marinette said smiling. She used his bed to support her back as she sat on his bed. She watched Adrien grab his computer on his desk. He sat beside Marinette and played the movie.

Marinette scooted closer to Adrien and placed her head on his chest.

Thirty minutes into the movie, he heard a quiet snore. He looked down and noticed Marinette was sleeping. He chuckled lightly and paused the movie, slipping quietly slipped out of bed, making sure not to wake up Marinette.

He dialed Sabine's number and it rang four times before it was picked

"Hello Adrien" Sabine said

"Hello Mrs Dupain-Cheng. I...uh wanted to tell you that Marinette won't be able to get back home today because right now she is asleep" Adrien said. He heard Sabine laugh

"Okay. No problem"Sabine said "Bye Adrien"

"Bye". He cut the phone and shoved it into his pocket. He silently slipped into bed and wrapped his arms around Marinette, pulling her closer to him. He smiled to himself as he silently drifted into darkness.

*Somewhere else*

Anonymous paces back and forth with an evil smirk on his face. Nuru watches his master, a confused look on his face.

"What's got you in such deep thought master?"Nuru asked. Anonymous stops pacing and smiles at Nuru evilly.

"I think I've found the identity of Ladybug"