Chapter 5

Adrien's phone buzzed in the pocket of his pajama pants. Adrien tossed and turned as he reached into his back pocket and took his phone. He looked at the phone and realized it was a call from Niño. He picked the call and placed his phone oh his ear.

" 'ello" Adrien answered, sleepily as he rubbed his eye

"Dude where are you?" Niño asked

"Why do you ask?" Adrien said as his eye lids slowly became heavy. He loved the warmth and comfort of Marinette's bed .

"Because school has started" Niño said. Just those four words got Adrien up on his feet. He rushed down the stairs and ran over to the chaise Marinette was sleeping on.

He took his time examining her. She looked even cuter when she was asleep. His eyes unconsciously went down to her lips. He stared at them, somewhere deep in his mind wondering how it would be like to kiss her.

He felt something pinch him causing him to let out a small yelp. He looked down at his elbow were he had been pinched and frowned at the little Kwami hovering next to his elbow.

"Are you gonna wake her up or keep staring at her lips?"Plagg asked

"I wasn't staring at her lips" Adrien quickly denied, feeling the tips of his ears go red.

"Uh huh"Plagg said sarcastically.

"Don't you have cheese to be eating"

"As a matter of fact, I do. Thanks for reminding me kiddo"

Adrien rolled his eyes and bent down just as Plagg flew over to his open luggage lying beside Marinette's desk.

"Marinette wake up" Adrien said as he shook her slightly.

Marinette slowly opened her eyes only to see a pair of similar emerald eyes staring into her bluebell eyes

"Good *yawn* morning Adrien" Marinette said as she sat up, licking her lips. Adrien found his eyes going down there but he looked away and  moved back to give Marinette her space.

"Good morning Marinette" Adrien said "but we have no time for chit chat. We are late for school"

Marinette didn't bother to ask how late they were and immediately stood up  , running to her bathroom and closing the door behind her.

Soon enough they had gotten ready for school. Marinette and Adrien ran down to the bakery and grabbed two  freshly baked croissants from the counter.

She gave one to Adrien as they both ate it in a hurry. They ran out of the bakery and waited with other people who were also waiting for the traffic light to change to pedestrian walk.

It finally changed and just then they both heard the school bell ring.

"Common let's hurry" Adrien said as he grabbed Marinette's hand . They ran across the street and reached the entrance to school.

Marinette and Adrien ran up the stairs to their class and pushed the door open.

Everyone in the class gasped .Marinette and Adrien exchanged puzzled looks .Alya and Nino fist bump as Chloe mumbled some words looking at their intertwined fingers.

" Where's Miss Bustier?"Adrien asked as him and Marinette walk over to their seat their fingers still intertwined.

"She's at a meeting with some other teachers in the principals office" Nino said,smirking at Adrien.

Adrien and Marinette exchanged looks again"I still don't get why everyone was gasping when we walked in" Marinette stated earning  deep eyerolls from both Nino and Alya.