Chapter 20

Marinette's eyes shot open  as she heard the sounds of gongs three times.

"W-where am I? " Marinette asked  sitting up. She looked at her surroundings  and recognized  the interior  of the house.

"Ah Marinette your awake "Master Fu's familiar voice  echoed in her ears.

She turned around to  see the short old man sitting on a mat, his legs  crossed . She smiled at him but frowned seconds later as she remembered something.

"Where is Adrien? "Marinette asked.

"He's in the kitchen making some herbal tea"Master Fu said raising his hand and pointing to the direction of the kitchen.

Marinette smiled at him and stood up, heading over to the kitchen.

"Adrien? "Maeinette said poking her head into the kitchen. Adrien turned around on hearing Marinette's voice.

"Oh hey Marinette"Adrien said raising up the kettle "Want some"

"Um sure"Marinette said as she walked into the kitchen. Adrien grabbed a mug and poured some hot water into the cup which already  had the satchet of the herbal tea.

He handed it over to Marinette who took it with a smile. She sipped on it and leaned  on the counter.

"Adrien"Marinette said causing Adrien to stop drinking the hot goodness and turn to her.

"Yeah? "

"Im sorry"Marinette said as she dropped  the cup on the counter.

"Hey it's not your fault Mari"Adrien said placing the cup on the counter as well.

"But if I didn't urge you to follow  your father none of this would have happened"Marinette said "He wouldn't have  known you where Cat noir "

"Marinette "

"He wouldn't have gotten  our  jewels"

"Marinette"

"And Paris won't.... "

Adrien pressed his lips on  hers causing her to stop and slowly melt into the kiss.

They soon part away from the kiss and although  it was brief, Marinette still felt tingly.

"Marinette. What is done is done. We can't  change the past"Adrien said "But its not too late to save Paris.... okay"

Marinete smiled at him and nodded

"Okay" The two  teens grabbed their mugs and walked out of the kitchen towards  the main room.

"Master Fu"Marinette said as she sat on the floor crossed  leg "Do you knoe how we  are  going to get the jewles back? "

"Yes but we will need people to wield the fox, bee and turtle jewels "Master Fu said slipping his bracelet  off his wrist. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the box. He opened it and placed it in it .

"But isnt there a peacock jewel? "Marinette  asked as Master Fu handed  her the box .

"Yes thats why I've called her"Master Fu said. The door opened and in came a woman wearing a purple raincoat which  was drenched  from the rain.

"Sorry I'm so late Master...... "she stopped talking as soon as her eyes landed on Adrien. "Adrien? "

Adrien  looked at Marinette who shrugged in reply "Um sorry. Do I know you? "

She shot him a small smile and removed the hood of the raincoat revealing her golden blonde hair  and her emerald eyes.

"Mom"Adrien said quietly as his eyes teared up. He ran over to her and trapped her in a hug.