Chapter 7

Marinette entered her room through the balcony and detransformed. She fell on her bed,her eyes slowly becoming heavy.

She noticed that Adrien was missing and decided to look for him but the warmth of her bed stopped her from doing so.

"I think I'll just lay here for a ...." Marinette said,  closing her eyes. She smiled as she took in all the warmth and then she drifted off to sleep.

Seconds later Adrien jumped into her room also through the balcony and noticed that Marinette was sound asleep on her bed.

He smiled as he looked at Marinette peacefully sleeping.

She's so  beautiful Adrien thought as he blushed .He liked  Marinette. He always did . He just never realised it until they almost kissed.

He squatted and used his fingers to gently brush Marinette's bangs to the side.

He placed a kiss on her forehead and smiled at the midnight haired girl.

"Goodnight my princess" Adrien said as he stood up straight. He walked down the stairs and over to his bag which was leaning beside Marinette's desk.

He stuffed the camera that was on Marinette desk into his bag and zipped it closed.

He walked over to the chaise and grabbed Marinette's blanket that layed on the floor.

He made himself comfortable on the chaise and pulled Marinette's soft blankets up to his chest level.

He  tossed and turned until he found a position comfortable for him. Soon enough his eyes became heavy and he drifted off into a deep sleep.

*the next day*

"So how far have you gotten in your project?" Miss Bustier asked

"Well Alya and I have gotten far. And surprisingly we have a lot in common" Nino said sending a wink to Alya who rolled her eyes but blushed.

Marinette's eyebrows rose up at the little thing that just happened between Nino and Alya. She sent Alya a look that said 'we're so gonna talk about that' but Alya avoided eye contact as she traced the pattern of her desk with the tip of her pointer finger.

"What about you and Marinette, Adrien?" Miss Bustier asked .

Chloe snickered , tossing her blonde locks over her shoulder"I'm sure they've gone nowhere. You see if you had put me and Adrien in the same group we would have been done in under three days"

"No comments Chloe" Miss Bustier swqrned

"Well me and Marinette have actually gone far. She has been really fun to hang out with" Adrien said smiling .

"Can we exchange partners Marinette?" Chloe asked smirking

"I'm perfectly fine with Marinette" Adrien said heaving a frustrated sigh.

"But-" Chloe said

"Enough Chloe" Miss Bustier interrupted . Chloe crossed her hands and muttered something under her breath.

*at lunch*

"Common dude go ask her" Nino urged

Adrien nervously played with his fingers"I-I don't want to" Adrien stammered as he looked at Marinette who was with Alya.

"Well you can't pretend you don't like her" Nino said "common dude". Nino brought out Adrien's camera from his bag.

"What do you think you're doing?" Adrien asked as he crossed his arms giving Nino a pointed look.

"What does it look like. I'm gonna film this moment when my dudes gonna ask the girl he has been crushing on for like two days ...out" Nino said as he turned the camera on and began filming.

"Actually it's been more than that "Adrien muttered.

Nino looked up from the camera "What was that?"

"Nothing". He looked at Marinette and Alya again,courage coursing through his veins"Okay I'm going to do it" Adrien said, his courage slowly diminishing.  He tried moving but couldn't "I'm gonna go now"

Nino raised his eyebrow and raised his cap up a bit scratch his head, confused at what his best friend was doing.

"Dude you say you're going to move and yet you're not  moving" Nino said

"I dunno" Adrien sighed .

"Maybe you need a little push" Nino said as he placed his free hand on Adrien's back and pushed him.

Adrien stumbled forward and after many attempts to regain balance,he fell right in front of Marinette who looked at him worriedly.

"Adrien are you okay?" Marinette asked as she bent down and held his hand. She pulled him up as Alya just stood there with an amused look on her face.

"Thanks Marinette and yes I'm okay" Adrien said sheepishly. He looked back at Nino who gestured for him to keep talking. Adrien sighed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"So Adrien what do you want to tell Marinette?" Alya asked crossing her arms with a smirk plastered on her face.

"I-I wanted to ask her if she would love toooooo" Adrien drawled, avoiding eye contactas Marinette's heart increased its pace, her eyes glinting . "help me on my biology"

Marinette felt her her heart break but she quickly put on a fake smile t mask ge hurt she was feeling.

"Um sure" Marinette said as she took in a deep breath to avoid the tears from flowing down her cheeks

"Great" Adrien said through gritted teeth. He turned around and quickly walked over to where Nino was hiding, muttering stupid over and over again under his breath

"Dude, what the heck was that?" Nino asked as he turned off the camera.

"I...I don't know. I guess I'm to scared too ask her because she might turn me down" Adrien said as he heaved a sad sigh.

"I know she won't dude"Nino said patting his friends back to show his support.

"What was that all about?" Alya asked crossing her hands and tilting her head to the side.

"I....I don't know" Marinette said as she sighed putting her head down.

"To me it seemed like he wanted to ask you out" Alya said nudging Marinette who laughed a little.

"I don't think so" Marinette said as she brushed her bangs to the side.

Marinette was happy that Alya was supporting her but,the thought of Adrien asking her out will be almost impossible.

*after school*

Marinette walked down the steps of her school and jumped down on the last two steps.

"Marinette!" Adrien yelled after her causing her to stop in her tracks. She slowly turned around and plastered a fake smile .

"Hey ....Adrien" Marinette said waving at him. Adrien noticed Marinette's smile didn't quite reach her eyes.

"What's wrong?" Adrien asked .Marinette bit her lip as she felt the tears filling her eyes, shaking her head in reply "are you sure?

"I'm sure" Marinette said as she patted Adrien's shoulder "we should probably be heading home"

"Sure"Adrien said. The two of them walked towards  the Dupen -Cheng household.

The walk home was quiet which was off since they always talked.

"Mama, Papa, we're home!" Marinette yelled as she dropped her bag on the counter.

"Marinette...." Adrien said as he slowly approached her.

"We should work on you're biology " Marinette interrupted as she unzipped her bag and pulled out her biology textbook.