Chapter 18

Marinette paced around her room while Adrien sat on her chaise, watching the girl walk back and forth and back and forth. They had cut their hangout short because of the akuma that had been spying on them.

"Adrien I knew it"Marinette said, her hands shaking uncontrollably due to fear. Tikki and Plagg hovered beside Adrien both wearing the same expression Marinette had

Fear

"Marinette calm down"Adrien said but Marinette being her usual stubborn self refused to listen as she continued pacing back and forth. Adrien getting tired of her continuous pacing stood up and walked over to her. He grabbed her trembling hands and massaged her knuckles with his thumbs but this time she didn't calm down like usual.

"Adrien no matter how many times you try to calm me down I cant calm down" Marinette said as she slipped her hands out of his. "Adrien just accept it. Hawk moth is Gabriel"

"I've accepted it Marinette "Adrien lied. He hadn't accepted it and he didn't want to. He cant imagine his father being the villain terrorizing all of Paris"But you cant keep worrying about this for the rest of your life you just have to accept that he knows your Ladybug"

"I have Adrien, I have....but the thing that worries me most is that he has an advantage over us. Adrien he can target me whenever he wants to". This time Marinette was at the verge of tears, her fist clenching and unclenching.

Adrien noticing this wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a hug. Marinette dug her face into his chest and let all the tears she held in freely flow out. Her body shook uncontrollably under his arms and he could feel his shirt getting damp.

"Marinette let me tell you one thing" Adrien whispered as he gently stroked her soft hair "If my father tries to harm you you've got your devishly handsome kitty to always protect you, princess". Marinette sobs had stopped and out came her laughter which Adrien found adorable.

Marinette head rose from Adrien's chest and she looked up at him, still laughing. She stopped laughing and stood on her tiptoes , planting a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks for always making me feel better Kitty" Marinette said as she placed her head on his damp chest.

"Anything for you purrincess" Adrien cooed. Marinette head rose up as an idea popped into her head.

"I have an idea"

*next day*

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Adrien asked looking down at his phone as he walked down the stairs.

"Yes Adrien" Marinette said through the video call "Now quit talking and move faster. We don't want to loose your father". Adrien rolled his eyes as he made his way over to the room with the painting of his mother. He poked his head into the room and put the phone out in front of him, so Marinette could see everything but he was also watching what his father was doing.

Gabriel quietly typed a code into his monitor which caused the painting to open revealing a dark tunnel. Marinette and Adrien's mouth hung open in shock. He had a tunnel hidden behind his mothers painting. Adrien hadn't realized how long he had been staring until Marinette yelled

"Adrien hurry! The passage is closing"

And she was right it was. Adrien finally snapped back into reality and dashed towards the tunnel. He slipped in just in time before the tunnel could close. He climbed the flight of stairs and made sure not to make a single sound while he climbed them.

On his way up the stairs he heard voices which made him stop immediately.

"What's wrong?"Marinette asked quietly

"I hear....I hear voices" Adrien said. He continued his way up the stairs faster than before. His heart pounded as he finally reached the end of the stairs which led him to a different room which had moths flying around it.

" N-no it cant be " Adrien said his voice shaking and his hands trembling.

"But master are you sure she's ladybug?"Noroo asked

"Yes I'm certain Noroo"Gabriel said "That makes her an easy target since she is my sons girlfriend"

"No" Adrien said his eys widening

"Noroo dark wings rise" and with that Gabriel was tranformed into hawkmoth

Adrien who held his phone, released his grip on it  and like in slow motion it fell and hit the ground.

Marinette  gasped as her screen went black.

"Adrien! Adrien"Marinette said her voice shaking.

She turned towards Tikki who also looked worried. Marinette had to do something, afterall she is the protector of Paris.

With courage coursing through her veins, she stood up.

"Common Tikki?" Marinete said walking towards her trapdoor

"Where are we going to?" Tikki asked as she flew over to Marinette. Marinette paused as she heard those words.

She looked at Tikki wity the corner of her eyes with a courageous smile.

"We are going to save my kitty"

**************
This chapter has to be one of shortest chapters I've ever written.

Anyways I  am gonna be super as in superrrrr busy with school so pls dont be suprised if another chapter doesnt come out in two or three weeks.

Thanx for reading