Chapter 13

Ladybug swooped into her room,detransforming  and landing on the bed. She fell on her bed and blew her bangs out of her face .

She really needed a break from this superhero business but sadly she can't because that's the natural life of a superhero.

She heard her phone buzz so she fished it out. She saw it was a message from  Adrien and immediately wore a smile on her face.

Adrien:Hi M'ladybug

Marinette: Hey .Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

Adrien:Aren't YOU supposed to be sleeping too

Marinette rolled her eyes  and quickly typed in her text.

Marinette:Fine you got me.Hey Adrien, y don't u show your wild personality out in school?

Adrien read the message and took in a deep breath. He typed in a message and immediately deleted it. He typed in another one and once he read it he sent it.

Adrien:Well my dad wants me to be this perfect, rich model he expects me to be meanwhile I want to behave like I do when I'm Cat noir. Y don't you behave courageous and bold like Ladybug?

Marinette: Weeeellll,I'm only shy around you Adrien. I stutter, I jumble up my words and it seems like my clumsiness only activates when your around.

Adrien laughs and let's out a long yawn. He sends Marinette a quick text with one hand and uses the other hand to rub his heavy eyes.

Adrien: Lol. Anyway goodnight😘

Marinette:Goodnight.

Marinette switched off her phone and turned to her side,her eyes slowly becoming heavy and then she drifted off into darkness.

*Next day*
"Hey people of Paris, its your girl Alya hear to give you the deet's on Ladybug and Cat noir's patrol last night"

The screen switches over to Ladybug and Cat noir who where sitting on top of Cat noir's extended baton.

"I know its not that clear but isn't it  romantic? Their smiling at each other and gazing. I think my Ladynoir ship has finally sailed! Anyways gotta go peeps my parents said I should get home before ten"

Marinette giggled and switched off her phone. Alya nudged her, wiggling her eyebrows.

"So what did you think?I know its nothing much but I'm glad that my ladynoir ship finally sailed" Alya said,running a hand through her ombre locks.

"I think its great Alya but did you seriously have to tell them your parents expect you to get home before ten?" Marinette teased

"Of course I do girl" Alya said putting her hands on her hips "or else they would wonder why I didn't continue  the video ". Marinette nodded and they made their way over to class.

They slipped into their seats and pulled out their tablets from their bags.

" Good morning class"Miss Bustier said,shooting her students her usual morning smile "I'd like to see your presentations".

Marinette's eyes dilated as her mouth hung open.
OMG I totally forgot

" Dont worry Marinette. I got it covered "Adrien said waving their presentation disk in front of her face .

Marinette heaved a sigh of relief and smiled sweetly at Adrien.

" Now the first group of people to show me their presentation are Chloe and Max"Miss Bustier said causing Chloe to groan in frustration. She stood up and walked over to her,handing over the disk to Miss Bustier.

She walked to the back of her desk and pulled out her computer from her black computer bag. She opened it and plugged in the projecter to her computer .She inserted the disk into her computer and hit play.

The projector turned on,revealing  Max having a bored expression on their face.

"Hello class" Max said pushing up his glasses "I'm Max and with me is..."

Chloe appeared in front of the camera and pushed Max out of the way.

"The amazing,gorgeous, spectacular Chloe Bourgeois" Chloe said, blowing kisses to the camera.

All her classmates rolled their eyes and Marinette was starting to feel sorry for poor Max.

"And this is a video of my amazing life and Max's boring life"

The screen changes to Chloe ,who was filing her nails in her room. She turns towards the camera and smiles,throwing her blonde locks over her shoulder.

"Typical Chloe" Alix said causing the whole class to laugh.

"This is Chloe's room and as you can see she is filing her nails non stop. I won't be surprised if her nails start bleeding" Max said. Chloe threw her nail file on Max's head causing him to wince in pain.

The class erupts into laughter causing Chloe to blush in embarrassment.

"I've known Chloe for constantly being self absorbed and a real brat at times, thinking everyone should worship her because she's the Mayor's daughter" Max said so casually.

"Ouchiwawa" Kim said high fiving Ivan. Chloe blushes three shades deeper and bows her head.

The screen changes over to Max's room.

"Science this, science that" Chloe said pointing at the beakers and test tubes lying on his desk "no posters,no magazines just these glass thingys".

Chloe rolls her eyes and begins to shake one of the chemicals in the beaker.

"No Chloe don't ...." Max said his eyes wide but it was too late .The chemical had blown up in Chloe's face,which released a black cloud of smoke. Once the smoke cleared, it revealed Chloe whose face was black due to the blown  up chemical . Her hair had been removed from its usual ponytail and was spiked up. Chloe blinked a few times and walked over to Max's mirror.

"MY HAIR!" Chloe screamed .She turned on her heels,facing Max "you are so going to pay for that".

The  scene changes over to Chloe who had her chin placed on her palms and her hair loose.

" This past few weeks of getting to know Max has been boring. I mean seriously not a single magazine or poster is present in his room. Just chemicals and nedry stuff. So if we get an F in this presentation you know who to blame"

The class groans and Marinette, Alya,Nino and Adrien just looks at Chloe in disbelief.

The scene changes over to Max

"I've learnt that Chloe is still the same person outside and inside school. She isn't perfect like everyone thinks she is. She's like everybody else. Thank you class for watching"

The whole class fell silent and Miss Bustier looks at Chloe who avoids eye contact.

"Well that was...." Miss Bustier said trying to find the right words "interesting" she averted her eyes over to Marinette and Adrien "Okay. Marinette and Adrien are up next"