Chapter 23

"You think that would defeat me! "Gabriel said, trying to hide the nervousness from his voice.

"Funny enough. Weren't you the one looking scared when we turned into this? " Marinette shot back.

Gabriel opened his mouth to retort but closed it again. Letting out an angry roar, he blasted them with several purple balls of light.

Marinette and Adrien interwined their fingers and moved to the right at the same time, so that the figure moved too, barely missing the balls of light that Gabriel shot at them.

Marinette reached behind her and made a grabbing motion with her hands. She put it back infront of her and noticed that clutched in Ladynoir figure's right hand was her tail which with a flash of red light,  turned into her yo-yo.

"How did you know? "Adrien asked reaching behind Ladynoir and grabbing onto his baton.

"Curiosity" Marinette said "But now we are double the power"

They ran towards Gabriel, Adrien held the baton out infront of him, while Marinette span the yo-yo.

They jumped at the same time while Adrien stuck out the baton infront of them.

Gabriel slid his index and middle finger in the air, bringing out a purple baton. He quickly grabbed the baton and placed it on top of him.

There was a loud clank sound as the two batons collided.

Marinette used this as an opportunity to hook her yo yo onto Gabriel's ankle.

"Hold on Adrien"Marinette said, spinning around. The lady noir figure span around in mid air too, causing Gabriel to spin around too.

Marinette drew her hand back and the yo-yo released Gabriel causing him to fly off into the distance.

They put both their yo-yo and baton back and  flew towards Tara and began to undo the ropes.

"Tara. You've got to take them somewhere safe"Marinette said as they fumbled with the knot.

"No. I'm staying here with you "Tara said as she landed on their giant palms.

"It's too dangerous"Adrien said as their feet landed on the concrete floor. They knelt down and gently placed Tara on the ground.

"No. I lost you once. I won't loose you again"Tara said, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"We'll-"Marinette got cut off by an angry roar far away "He's coming. Tara please take them and run. We'll be okay"

Tara looked at them for a few seconds before nodding and running over to Nino, Alya and Chloe. With the help of Duusuu's  powers, she was able to carry them with ease. She looked back at Marinette and Adrien before leaping off.

The roaring grew louder and soon Gabriel appeared above them, looking scarier than ever.

"YOU WOULD REGRET THE DAY YOU WERE EVER BORN! "Gabriel's voice echoed. He launched for them and knocked them off balance, causing Ladynoirs head to collide with the bottom of the Eiffel tower.

Before Adrien and Marinette  could stand up, Gabriel  came at them, punching  Ladynoir.

"We-we have to get up"Marinette whispered weakly, slowly loosing conciousness.

"Stay with me Marinette"Adrien said, he too slowly sliping away "I-I can't do this without you"

"The-the scroll"Marinette said "We need to get it"

Adrien noticed the scroll on the floor and nodded.

"On three"Adrien said

"One"