Chapter 22

Dedicated to @snowynight229 for her idea that  helped me to write this chapter. 

Marinette had her hands in her blanket as she paced back and forth. She hadn't bothered to have a nice hot shower becasue she was a nervous sweat.

Adrien on the other hand sat down crossed leg as he engaged in a conversation with Master Fu.
He was worried  as well but he was doing a good job covering it.

They had been gone for thirty minutes and Marinette feared that something terrible happened but she has to think positive thoughts right?

Right!!!

Wrong.

They were fighting against an evil villian with absolute powers, who had the two most powerful miraculouses.

She felt a hand gently wrap around her waist and pull her closer to his chest, his face nuzzling into her hair.

This was supposed to calm her nerves down and it did...  a bit.

"Better?"Adrien cooed

"A-a bit"Marinette said, blushing as soon as she noticed Master Fu looking at them.

"I -"

Marinette let out a blood curdling scream and fell to the ground as soon as Adrien released her due to shock.

She panted heavily as beeds of sweat ran down from her forehead to her nose.

"Marinette"Adrien  said crouching beside her, his voice shaking with fear. Master Fu also came closer to Marinette, not bothering to bend down because of his not so good back.

"I-"She panted heavily. She swallowed down a gulp before she continued"I saw them. Their being tortured. You're mom. She's tied up and hovering beside Gabriel"

"Are you sure Marinette. Maybe its the stress getting to your head"Adrien said, his voice shaking a bit.

Totured.

His friends were being totured.

And its all his fault.

He should not have told  Gabriel  he's  Chat noir. Maybe  he wouldn't have gotten absolute power  if he just  kept his mouth shut.

"I'm sure. This is  no hallucination. I could see it. Like I was standing right there"Marinette said as her breathing finally came back to normal.

"Hmm. I see"Master Fu said "I believe this is a new power you are developing"

"What?"Adrien and Marinette both said in sync.

"Yes. I've read about this in the ancient book but thought it wasn't real... until now"

"Master Fu. What do you mean? "Marinette asked as she got to her feet with  the help of Adrien.

"You have created a special bond with Tikki which helps you to see when the people you  care about are in grave danger"Master Fu said, stroking his beard as he nodded.

"We need to go Adrien"Marinette  said grabbing his hand.

Adrien nodded and bid Master Fu goodbye. They raced out of his house and onto the open streets of Paris.

Everything looked so... horrible. Trees were on the floor. Cars demolished. Several buildings on fire. A few people were cowering in an alleyway, shivering in fear.

"Common" Adrien  said and the two of them  continued running.

Marinette  could sense him as they neared the Eiffel tower.