56. You're An Artist [Personal]

This one is for you, kashish_luvs_harryx. Enjoy

-----------------------

"Hi, Kashish? Can I please have a picture?"

The boy's brown eyes were wide with surprise and a hesitant smile lingered on his lips. He looked afraid to even try to grab my attention. I tried to ease his nerves by smiling back at the boy, yet that seemed to only make the boy even more starstruck.

Harry's grip on my right hand tightened. A weird tension filled the air between my boyfriend and me. The tight grip on my hand didn't get looser. I turned around to look Harry in the eye. His lips were pressed together in a firm line and his brows were pulled down. A frown was evident on his handsome face. Harry definitely had something on his mind that wasn't particularly good.

For a second my brows pulled down as I sent a look filled with confusion Harry's way. Then I remembered the fanboy who was standing only a meter away from us. I quickly transferred the frown on my face in a smile.

"Yeah, sure. What's your name?"

"Uhm.. I-... My name is Rob."

The boy's face turned slightly red, probably because of his light stutter. It was adorable to witness someone was so shy around me. Although my paintings were famous and I got a lot of recognition as an artist, I was still a normal person like everybody else.

Harry, who was still standing right next to my side, cleared his throat rather loudly. All heads turned in his direction and he gave me a stern look, like he wanted to say I shouldn't give this fan what he wanted. Harry's body was tense as he took the innocent fan in from head to toe.

Without waiting for Harry's aproval, because really, I didn't need his approval - not in this case at least- I shoved Rob's phone in my overprotective boyfriend's hands.

The second I let go of Harry's hand, the scowl was back on his face. It was a rather funny thing to see, as Harry still tried to act happy for the fan.

Rob didn't hesitate for a second when I moved my body closer to his. He eagerly placed his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to his chest as we posed for some pictures.

After Harry had taken a couple of pictures - against his will, may I add - Harry rudely said goodbye to Rob and led me to his car. Well, there goes our shopping day, I thought to myself.

The car ride was filled with a thick, uncomfortable tension. I decided not to say anything. I wasn't really in the mood for Harry's behaviour. It would just irritate me, and that's not something either of us liked.

When we arrived at our appartment building, Harry slammed the door shut and left me alone in the car. I could still feel the car trembling from the force underneath my fingertips.
A small huff left my lips. I couldn't believe he was actually angry. Rob was just a fan and he wanted a picture. There was nothing wrong with that. Why was Harry so damn mad about it?

Harry knew my fans meant everything to me and he should know how I felt, because he loved his fans a lot, too. I knew I was overthinking again, but I just couldn't help it. I hated to see Harry angry or hurt. Even though it was not even my fault. That's what happens when you care about people.

I quietly closed the front door behind me and saw Harry siting on the couch, watching TV. This time, I decided to confront him with what happen. This was absolutely not my fault.

"I thought we were going to see if that watch you liked so much was still on sale?"

I closely watched Harry sink further into the leather couch. He rested his sock covered feet on the glass coffee table.

"Not in the mood," Harry spoke.

"You were not in the mood?"

Before Harry could answer my very sarcastic question, I was already down the hallway and into the bedroom. I ripped the closet open and pulled out one of the oldest pillows we had. I then proceeded to pull out a blanket - I made sure it wasn't one of the soft blankets - before I made my way to the living area again.

"I guess I'm not in the mood either to sleep in the same bed as you tonight. Have fun on the couch. I'll be waiting when you're in the mood to have a conversation."

The next hours were spent in my bedroom, sourcing through the TV shows and movies while I tried to read a book at the same time.

When the door creaked open to reveal Harry's brown head, I wasn't surprised. One of the many things I learnt about Harry was that he could never stay mad for a long time. He hated to have arguments with people he cared about, and always tried to find the best solution to fix things. He truly was one amazing man.

With a slow pace Harry walked to the bed. He plopped down on his side. His entire body relaxed as it made contact with the soft mattress. I watched from the corner of my eye to see Harry rubbing his face with the palms of his hands. The frustration radiated of him. In his mind, Harry was trying to come up with the right words to say. He needed to make me understand how I made him feel from time to time. In a society like this it was some times difficult to have a gorgeous girlfriend like Kashi, Harry thought.

"I. . ." More didn't leave his lips. Harry sat up straight in one smooth movement. Carefully he pried the book out of my hands and laid it on the bedside table. He took my hands in his. Mindlessly Harry started to play with my fingers as he, again, tried to search the words he was desperately trying to find.

Warmth filled my body at his touch. Only Harry could make me feel that way. Feel so safe, and excited all at the same time.

My sight fell on our intertwined fingers. I heaved a sigh at the same moment Harry did for the exact same reasons, and a smile formed on my face.

"I'm not mad if that's what you think," I spoke. "I'm just frustrated, I guess. You can be frustrating, sometimes."

We laughed in unison. I looked up to see Harry's eyes crinkle, and the dimple appear on his cheek. When we made eye contact again, a thick silence fell upon us. We both wanted to say something - anything - but I think we were afraid of saying the wrong thing. Yet, sometimes, taking a step into the deep could turn out to be good.

"What were you thinking?"

"If his hand drops any lower, I'm gonna kick this guy's ass?" The questioning look on his face caused a smile to crack on my face. I punched his shoulder, as to say he should stop joking around. I fought the urge to mutter that he was the biggest child I knew, but he probably knew that himself.

"No, but I'm serious, Kashi. I get that the guy wanted a photo, but gosh, he could've at least been a bit more discreet on his eagerness to touch you."

For the umpteenth time that day, I heaved a sigh. I untangled my legs from underneath me, and scooted closer to Harry. Our hands were still connected. Even though his were sweaty, I didn't mind holding it between my own hands.

While I maintained eye contact with him, I crawled onto his lap, between his legs. I muttered a quiet 'love you' as I placed my head on his chest. From the relaxed beating of his heart, I knew Harry was at ease.

"I'm sorry for being a moody, jealous prick, Kashi," Harry spoke while he stroke my hair in a comforting matter.

My eyes started to droop. Before I fell asleep completely, I brought Harry's body down with me. Clumsily we untangled our legs. Harry's arms found my waist, and with a slight shove, I was against his chest again. My lips found their way to his collarbone. I pressed numerous, sleepy kisses on the spot I knew was his sensitive spot.

"I'll forgive you as long as you take a nap with me," I muttered, before I drifted to sleep.