38. Ex-Boyfriends [Personal]

This one is for you, Selena harryselxo99.

Lemme know what you think. X

----------------------------------

"Wow. That was great, Selena."

Ellen gave my arm a light squeeze to reassure me it really was good. My face brightened and I silently thanked Ellen for her kind words.

The crowd put their hands together one last time before I walked off stage, waving at my fans. As I arrived backstage, my heart was thumping out of my chest from the adrenaline running through my veins.

I had become used to the feeling and now it had me smiling like a big idiot. I just loved singing and performing so much, I couldn't help but feel like I was on top of the world everytime I had the chance to do exactly that.

My manager told me to hurry up - I had a photoshoot for a magazine in less than an hour - and after I handed my mic over to one of the technicians, I made my way toward my dressing room.

Silence finally engulfed me once I took a seat in the small room. A sigh of relief left my lips, but not even two minutes later someone knocked on the door.

"Come in."

My eyes fixated on the grey wooden door, curious to know who would need me. With a bit of hesitation the person slowly walked in and once I got a look of whom it was, my eyes instantly widened.

"Luca?" I asked in confusion, scrunching my perfectly shaped eyebrows in the process.

His appearance had me slightly startled and I almost jumped out of my seat to make sure it actually was my ex-boyfriend standing in front of me.

It had been 5 years since I last saw him and he hadn't changed a bit, except for his hair. The blonde locks had gotten a bit longer, but his grey eyes were still as beautiful as 5 years ago. His features were a lot more prominent then when we were just 15 years old. I couldn't believe he was actually standing right there, in my dressing room.

After some time he finally opened his mouth, shaking me out of my thoughts. "I heard you were prefroming on The Ellen Show tonight." He admitted while his eyes roamed around the room.

"So?"

"I wanted to see you."

I was sure my eyes could pop out of their sockets in that moment. I already had enough on my mind. An unwelcome ex-boyfriend was really something I didn't want to deal with at the moment.

Slightly confused I asked Luca why. A smile cracked upon his face and he walked closer to me, like he finally found the courage to do so. As I slowly backed away, my eyes caught something in his hand. My curiosity took over and I looked at what it was.

Again, I was taken aback by Luca's actions. He was holding a white rose. My favorite flower. I couldn't believe he remembered they were my favorites.

"Why are you here, Luca?" I asked again followed by a deep sigh as I ran my hand through my dark hair in frustration.

In the corner of my eye, I could see him take another step in my direction, offering me the rose. A smile was tugging at his lips while he tried to keep our eyes connected.

"You did wonderful out there," he added, complementing my performance.

Those were the words that broke the ice.

I just loved hearing people say that. A lot of people didn't really support me with the decisions I'd made over the last few years, so it was great to know some people were still here for me. It was sweet of Luca to say that, but I still wanted him out of here. I had moved on with my life. Many things had changed in 5 years. I had become famous, bought a new place and even fell in love with an amazing man. Luca just didn't fit into the picture any longer.