jimin's pov;

he's late. very late. i've been waiting for yoongi for 2 hours. i laid my head down on the clothed table, realizing what had just happened.

i got stood up.

i began to gather my stuff, leaving money for the water i drank earlier. as i'm about to leave, i felt someone tapping my shoulder.

i turned around, joy overflowing my body. but it wasn't yoongi. it was hoseok. i felt my shoulder slump slightly, though a small smile appeared in my face.

"sorry, did i miss the date?" hoseok asked with a guilty frown.

"no he never came." i sighed. he cocked his head in confusion.

"he stood you up?"

"yeah, but it's okay. he was probably busy." i shrugged. i took my stuff and began to leave. that's when i felt hoseok grab my hand. i glanced back at him, trying to hide the disappointment on my face.

"just sit down. i'm hungry anyways." he smiled at me, pointing at the seat.

a small grin crept on to my face. i nodded my head and sat down on the leather chair. hoseok picked up the menu and called the waiter over. after we ordered our food, he tried to comfort me.

"it's okay, hoseok. im not that bothered by it." i lied. i felt my face heat up which often happens when i lie. hoseok shot me a sympathetic look, but left the topic alone.

-

once our food came, we immediately dug in. i guess i forgot how hungry i was earlier due to yoongi not showing up. i ate my meal slowly, wanting to savor every bite. hoseok, on the other hand, was already halfway done.

"you're going to choke on your food if you continue to eat so fast." i chuckled at him, not looking up from his plate of food. hoseok paused for a slight moment, slowly raising his head up. in the corner of his mouth was a soy sauce stain, causing me to burst out in laughter. i grabbed a napkin and leaned near hoseok's face. he backed up, trying to hide his expression. i took his hands away from his face and dabbed the area with the napkin.

hoseok awkwardly looked in the other direction, avoiding my eye contact. i chuckled at his awkwardness and sat back down.

"you don't have to be nervous. it's not like i'm going to kiss you."