十六

hoseok pov;

i laid in my bed lifelessly. it has been two days since i confessed to jimin and got horribly rejected. he probably hated me by now, seeing that he did not want to see me anymore. we still had to finish up with yoongi, but i haven't had the guts to text jimin.

i brought the bottle of liquor towards my lips, gulping down a few. sighing loudly, i picked up my phone. i stared at jimin's contact in my phone. i finally was able to click on our messages and type something.

-

me: lets forget about everything that
happened the other day.

me: we'll have our last meet up at the park, meet me there in 10 minutes.

-

i got up from my comforting bed and looked at myself in the mirror. geez, i was a mess. i pulled over a hoodie and sweatpants before going to wash my face. hopefully, i was able to remove the scent of strong alcohol. soon, i was out the door, walking to the park.

i sat on the bench and waited upon jimin's arrival. my messy hair was hid under my hood and i sat down with a box in my hand.

from a distance, i saw jimin in a maroon sweater running towards me. he looked as if he had just gotten up. nevertheless, jimin still looked amazing. unfortunately, i can't have him.

he had a small smile plastered on his face as he ran towards me, sitting down at the bench.

-
jimin's pov;

as i approached hoseok, i saw him cover his hair even more with his hood. his eyes drooped slightly, most likely because he had just gotten up. i giggled at how cute he looked, but slowly felt these feelings fading away as i recalled what had happened the other day.

"hello hyung," i chirped happily, trying to cheer up his unhappy expression. he waved at me slightly before immediately talking about yoongi. i developed a slight frown as he didn't greet me like he usually would. i was used to the hoseok that smiled at the sight of me. it felt odd, initially he was never the first to talk about situations with yoongi.

"okay, jimin. all we need you to do is to let him drink from this potion. he has to be the first person you see after he drinks it, so he falls in love with you." hoseok blabbered on about yoongi til the point i started tuning out his words. i watched hoseok looking at me seriously, moving his mouth to his words.

i never realized until today how adorable he was. his hair covered his forehead and slightly his eyes. i smiled at him unknowingly only to be snapped out of my thoughts by hoseok's harsh tone.

"hey, jimin. are you listening to me?" hoseok's low voice whispered. i nodded my head, wanting for the lecture to be over.

"hoseok, i want to go get ice cream." i muttered. he stared back at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"why? we need to go over the plan, jimin." he then proceeded to continue talking. sadness welled up into my heart. yoongi this, yoongi that. this was one of the first times i got so tired of talking about yoongi.

i then got up from seat and walked away from him. hoseok called out my name, but i began to run for the playground set. i looked behind to see him following me. he had a slight smile on his face, causing my heart to flutter just a bit.

i sat on top of a slide and waited for hoseok to approach me. his smile was gone, and in it's place was an unsettling frown. i shrugged it off and slid down the slide. he continued to chase me around the park, my laughs filled the air.

i finally got the hoseok that i liked back. suddenly, i saw hoseok stop running and went to sit down on the bench. furrowing my eyebrows, i went to sit down next to him.

"are you okay, hyung? i can go get you some water from the store-"

"it's hoseok."

i was taken back by his words.

"w-what?"

"don't call me hyung please. it's very unprofessional."

"b-but you didn't mind it before-"

"jimin, let's stop."

"stop what?" i asked, feeling my heart drop.

"let's stop messing around. i want to get this over with. besides, i want to be out of your life already."

i felt my entire world crashing down, making it hard to breathe.

"hoseok, you know i wasn't think straight-"

before i could finish my sentence, hoseok shoved a box in my hand.

"and i wasn't thinking straight when i confessed to you. goodbye jimin. don't try to contact me after this."