hoseok pov;

i didn't have the guts to tell jimin. it would've broken his heart. i couldn't tell him that yoongi was leading him on. yoongi was having an affair with a woman.

on the night of their date, i had to meet boss at the office. i walked ever so slowly, feeling guilty for not showing up to support jimin on his big date.

i passed by an ordinary coffee shop only to see yoongi exiting with a girl wrapped under his arms. i rubbed my eyes to make sure i wasn't seeing wrong but confirmed that it was him. i decided to blow off the meeting and secretly follow yoongi.

i followed them to an average club that was bustling with people, the music playing for the whole street to hear. yoongi's arm never left the girl's shoulder. he kept her close to his body.

his phone started to ring. he picked it up, his hands still wrapped around the girl. i see him scan the caller id with his eyes before rolling his eyes. he declined the call and began sending text messages to the person. soon after, he shoved his phone back in his pocket.

i shook off my thoughts and immediately started dashing towards my car. without thought, i started driving towards the restaurant jimin was at.

-

i ran into the building and scanned the restaurant. i saw jimin sat at an empty table, tapping his small fingers on the white table cloth. i drew near the table when suddenly he stood up in frustration.

his fingers ran through his brown hair before wiping his teary eyes. i went from behind and poked his small shoulders. he turned back with hopeful eyes but was disappointed to see that it was only me. i felt a shot of sadness through my chest, seeing that he was not satisfied with just me. nevertheless, he gave me a broken smile. i gripped my fists, infuriated with yoongi for making jimin feel this type of rejection.

though i held in my anger, i didn't want jimin to go home on an empty stomach. gesturing towards the bare table, he sat down across from me. i felt more than pity for him.

-

jimin's pov

that's when i learned that hoseok was good at cheering me up.