十九

jimin pov;
6 months later

no word from hoseok. i left him hundreds of voicemails and text messages, but he replied to none. i was just about to give up.

i left yoongi behind, not like it affected him much. i recently found out that he had gotten together with a woman. lucky him.

yet, here i am. waiting for someone who told me to never talk to them again. he took my heart from the very beginning and i had not realized it.

-

i had made up my mind. i needed to restart my life. i couldn't mope around all my life for one person. even when hoseok was made me feel happy, i needed to let go.

i once again clicked on the special link.

"welcome to the cupid hotline. how may i help you?"

"i'm looking for a boyfriend." i replied with a groggy voice.

"okay, i'll direct the line to our professional dating staff."

i felt my stomach whirl at those very words that i had brought me to hoseok. all the memories came flooding back but i did my best to shut them out.

"hello?"

the voice called from the other line. this voice was awfully familiar. i nearly dropped my phone.

"hoseok?" i croaked out, feeling the tears building up in my eyes.

"im sorry, who is this?" the cheerful voice replied, with a hint of confusion.

"it's me, hoseok. it's jimin-"

"goodbye."

before he could hang up i quickly jumbled up my words and apologies.

"i'm sorry hoseok for what i said back then. it was a true mistake and i didnt mean to do it. the truth is i can't function well without you around anymore. i miss everything that we had."

i heard a sigh escape his lips.

"jimin, we didn't have anything. you said so yourself-"

"please let me prove it to you. meet me at the park soon, ill be waiting for you."

"im sorry, don't expect me to be there."