十七

jimin pov;

i stared at the box. i hesitated to open it but eventually did. inside were three things.

the potion, in which he gave me to "finish" the job and finally get with yoongi. the supposed man of my dreams.

a note, in which i was excited for but was disappointed to see it was only instructions on how my plan is supposed to go.

and the bracelet that i had given him sat right in between both objects. i slowly grabbed the bracelet and felt all my regrets washing over me. i looked at my wrist to see the matching bracelet that i had worn.

i wiped my tearful eyes and began to reach for my phone. i dialed hoseok's number with hopes that he would answer me.

-

"the user you are trying to reach has deactivated their number, please press 1 for-"

-

i clicked on the link that namjoon had sent me several months ago. the cupid hotline. i called them and held the phone up my ears.

"hello, this is the cupid hotline. how may i help you?" i heard the familiar voice say.

"i'm looking for hoseok. can you transfer me to his call?"

"im afraid we can't do that sir. we don't take special requests. besides, hoseok is temporarily removed from the position at the moment. if you want, we can transport you to-"

i felt slightly disappointed and hung up. i dialed yoongi's number and hovered my finger over the call button. i couldn't bring myself to do it.

yelling, i threw the bracelet at the wall. i felt frustrated and suddenly it was hard to breathe.
it was too late now. maybe it was for the best, so i can be with yoongi. hoseok doesn't have to worry about me. it would be the best for him as well.