5. Shivers

I fell as the guards threw me to the ground in the cell. I barely noticed Jason was still on the ground. "Jason," I breathed as I crawled over to him.
      "About time Jules," Jason groaned as he lifted his head. "What did she want?" Jason leaned on me as I helped him make his way to one of the metal beds. I didn't answer. Jason looked up at me then paused. I noticed he was looking at my lips. "Gods of Olympus, Jules."
      "What?" I met his blue eyes with my pure green ones.
      "You kissed her."
      I looked down. My lips must have been blue from her icy skin. "She kissed me."
      Jason shook his head and started to peel his shirt away. He sucked in a breath as the wounds appeared. I was at a loss for words. At least five stab wounds were on his chest and stomach area, not including the one on his shoulder. He closed his eyes. "Help me."
"How?" I hesitated, unsure of what to do.
"Just..." Jason's eyelids fluttered. I mentally noted that it was probably blood loss. "...do something." Acting on instinct, I slipped my jacket off and started to clean the wounds as best I could. I had to squeeze my eyes closed a few times to stop myself from passing out. Jason gasped whenever I put too much pressure on one. When I finished, I pulled off my t-shirt too. I wrapped it around his torso, tying it with my jacket.
I shivered. I now had no shirt on. I couldn't tell if Jason was conscious or not. I slid to the floor and ran my hands up and down my arms. Something told me it was getting colder in here.  Maybe it was the icicles growing from the ceiling.
      My eyelids drooped; from the cold or from exhaustion, I couldn't tell. I let my head hang. I saw each breath I took. I noted that I was probably freezing to death. At least Jason would survive. Maybe.
      I did my best to keep my eyes open. I don't know how long passed before Jason stirred. "Ja–" my voice cracked. I was cold. Too cold.
      "Jules?" Jason's voice was weak.
      "Jason..." I shivered again. My teeth clattered against each other. I could see the frost on my eyelashes. I wanted to move my hands to help Jason. But I couldn't. Everything was too cold.
      "Julian?" Jason had managed to sit up. He pushed himself toward me with a small gasp of pain. "Julian!" His hands were on my cheeks now, forcing me to look at him. I opened my mouth but no sound came out. I watched as it dawned on Jason that I had no shirt on. He looked around but failed to come up with something else to keep me warm. He hesitated before starting to untie my jacket from around his chest.
      "No..." I protested as Jason finished untying it. My head slumped as he wrapped my jacket back around me, despite the blood on it.
      "Julian?" Jason was trying to make me look at him again. I couldn't tell if I was warming up or not. I couldn't even tell if I was cold anymore. "Jules–"
       "Jason..." I muttered in response. My body slumped forward and Jason caught me. He groaned as I my rested on him, probably from his dagger wounds.
Jason tried to lift me but he couldn't. "We'll get out of here. They're coming for us you know." Jason told me as a warm breeze ruffled my hair. "Jules?" Another shiver racked my body. I let my eyelids close, fully aware that Jason was still trying to get me to answer.