Trust

"No." I started to back away even before Hades showed up in the....well. The rainbow. "Huh uh. I am not doing this." I turned around to find Aidin standing in front of the door. "Move."
Aidin raises an eyebrow but stayed in place. I heard Pax sigh behind me. "Jules. Please just listen."
"You didn't think to run this by me beforehand?" Hades deep voice interrupted any response I had.
"We didn't have time." Aidin answered him. "We should have shown him yesterday."
      "You....I can't...." My mind was spinning. Pax and Aidin. I knew Pax had to be higher in Khione's chain of command. "You're working with them!" I backed up until I hit the wall. "That's why your door is always shut. You've been...." I struggled to breath. Was it anger? Shock? I couldn't tell.
      "Julian. Hey." Aidin was standing in front of me with one hand on each of my shoulders. "Focus. Breath, Julian." I closed my eyes.
      "Yesterday. Why yesterday? You were suppose to wait!" Hades voice echoed in my head.
      "We couldn't. Khione has already started her attack." Pax answered him. I opened my eyes and found Aidin's eyes, which I now realized were a cross between blue and gray.
      "Good?" Aidin questioned me as he took a step back. I nodded even though my heart still raced.
      "You told me she was weeks away from being ready." Hades look made me glad I wasn't standing where Pax was.
      Aidin glanced at me before moving to stand by Pax. "We were wrong. She's gaining more people than we thought."
      I heard Hades swear. "How long?"
      "She won't tell us." Pax shook his head. "Only her and Erebos know."
      "It can't be long. She's starting to work us harder." Aidin shifted on his feet.
      "And..." I could see the question on Hades lips as he looked at me. What about Julian?
      "It won't be a problem." Pax was confident.
      "And her leverage?" Hades gaze was now on Pax and Aidin again.
      Pax hesitated. He looked at Aidin and they seemed to decide on something. Aidin looked at the ground as he answered. "Legitimate. And we don't have a way to get her out."
      What leverage? I was still leaning against the wall. It made sense I guess, that Khione would have something to hold over me to keep me here. Her. My mother. I didn't have anyone else close to me.
      "I'll see what I can do." Pax nodded at Hades response and started to turn away. "Pax." Pax's and Hades' eyes met. "Don't get caught. You know I don't like this." Hades disappeared as Aidin moved his hand through the water.
      Pax sighed as he picked up the object. I could see his frustration as he set it roughly on the nightstand. Aidin shook his head and sat down on the edge of Pax's bed. Both of them turned to look at me.
I squirmed under their gazes, unsure of what to say. What do you say when you find out the people who you trust are trying to stop the very thing you are suppose to do? I shook my head. I didn't trust them.
"Jules. I know it's a lot." Pax moved toward me but I pushed off the wall and moved toward the door.
"It's more than a lot Pax. I can't believe this. They destroyed me. Khione gave me a home, a place to practice and understand my powers. They couldn't." I shook my head in disgust. "I can't believe I trusted you." I slammed the door behind me before Pax or Aidin could say anything else.