Broken

3rd Person POV

      The remaining of the Seven stood among the flames of what was left of Camp Half-Blood.
      No one said a thing. There were no words for what had happened here.
      They had been prepared for an attack.
      It hadn't mattered.
      They hadn't prepared for the sheer force Khione had unleashed upon them.
      More demigods had turned than they thought. Children of Ares had led the charge with support from the kids of Nemesis and Nike, their strategy one of only a child of Athena and strengthened by kids of Momos. Arrows were set loose by children of Apollo and Eros. A child of Hephaestus had lit the fires, a power they had only before seen in their lost friend. Stealth was provided by the children of Hermes, their winged feet silent on the damp grass of the early morning. Kids of Dolofínes made the pain almost unbearable. The children of Kratos played off the emotions of the others, taking down the surprised Camp in a matter of moments. A few Nyx kids were also there, making it near impossible to see their enemy. They had also noticed a large number of children of Erebos, but they didn't know why.
It hadn't mattered.
Even with the six fighting alongside the Camp demigods, Khione had been too strong. While Khione had been distracted from the fight, the six still couldn't hold the enemy back.
And as they gazed among the wreckage around them, they found no words to describe what they felt. They offered no words of comfort to each other. No "we'll find a way out of this." No holding each other up like they had always done.
Instead they shed only silent tears. The streaks on their dust covered faces were the only indication they felt sorrow. They felt pain. And yet there were no sounds of mourning in the ruins. No soft sobs for the ones who had died. No other sign of what they had lost.
Because as the six stood among the growing flames, they knew it hadn't mattered.
Camp Half-Blood had fallen.

                           *******************

      Aidin hadn't been fast enough. By the time he had gotten back to Pax's room, Pax was gone. Aidin had looked but he knew that he wouldn't find Pax in time.
If Pax didn't want to be found, he wouldn't be.
      So Aidin did the next most logical thing. The other seven were easy to find. He did what he could, being a child of Nyx. He had shadow traveled them out, one after the other. He brought them as far as he could.
Then Aidin had followed the other seven as they started the hike toward Camp Jupiter, a place they had promised they wouldn't return to until they had a way to stop Khione and Erebos.
A promise that was broken.