byakuya togami

Soulmate AU: Your world is black and white until you make contact with your soulmate.
•••

Though you were SHSL Color Guard, you barley had a clue about what colors were. You never got to experience what kinds of colors flew when you preformed. People would marvel about how beautiful your worked looks. You would thank them, and silently hope you would see your own work as well.

One day, you were sitting in your black and white classroom, tapping your pencil out of sheer boredom. The subject of the class was unbeknown to you, due to the fact you rarely payed any attention. At one point, the teacher called on you for the answer, in which you completely blanked.

"Oh that is it! (Y/N), you need to get tutored." The teacher growls at you.

"Byakuya? Would you be alright with teaching her?" He asks the prestigious rich boy.

"Hm? Sure. I don't see why Kiyotaka can't do it. He's much more knowledgeable than I." He replied.

You didn't bother listening to what your teacher and Byakuya said after that, you were too engraved with the despair of having to be tutored by "The Esteemed Byakuya Togami". The rich prick of the school. Admittedly, he knew buckets more than you did and could help you out gravely. Nonetheless, you don't want to get scolded by the boy.

At the end of class, and the end of the day, you escaped to the front of the school. Before you were free, you felt a grip on your shoulder. You were ready to turn around and sock someone in the face. When you turn around, you realize that it's the stupid boy who's supposed to tutor you.

"Come along now (Y/N)." Byakuya hisses at you.

He dragged you back into your prestigious school of Hopes Peak, and he takes you into an small, personless room. Byakuya did not waste anytime.

"Look, I don't wanna be here either. I just want to be a good student. Unlike you, (Y/N)."

You rolled your eyes and waved him off. Soon enough, you two get started. Byakuya is strict with the work and he really meant it though. Eventually you come to find that the work isn't hard at all.

"Hah! See Byakuya, I'm smart!" You say, faux cooly.

You drop your pencil on the ground and kick your feet up on the round table. You smile at the boy, wondering if he would find your little actions funny.

"You imbecile." Byakuya mumbles to himself.

He bends down to get your pencil, and to save him the work you bend down at the same time to grab it. Your hand touches his-

-And that's when it happens.

The world becomes splashed with different colors. The room that was once grey now has an array of colors. Bright reds, different kinds of brown. Every nook and cranny that was a plain monotone color is now a new pallet of yellows and oranges.

You turn and look at Byakuya, and though you hated admitting it he looked quite nice. His mop of hair a beautiful golden color, and his eyes like shining aquamarines. You beamed at him, your smile glowing like the sun.

"Byakuya! Byakuya!" You shout, glee rippling throughout you.

You look at him again, and realize he is not seeing what you're seeing. His face is knotted the way it always is, glasses down his nose and a permanent scowl on his face.

"(Y/N)? What is it?" He spits, oblivious to the situation.

He slams the yellow pencil down on your pile of papers. You are taken back by his action, but maybe people react in different ways.

"Don't you see them?! All the colors!" You squeal, tempted to get up and dance around the room.

Your mood falls when you see Byakuya looking semi shocked and upset. He then turns to you, and with the slightest amount of pity in his voice says:

"(Y/N), I have no idea what you're talking about."

•••
sort of ooc as perusal. better than the Nagito one i wrote at like 12 am lmao. okay goodbye
(690 words including authors note)