chihiro fujisaki.

Soulmate AU: Their voices harmonize perfectly when singing. no matter how good or bad.

Elementary School!Chihiro x Elementary School!Reader.

You don't know Chihiro is a he.

~

The 5th grade end-of-the-year show was the thing that everyone looked forward too. All the songs, puppet shows, dancing. All the elements made it a beautiful cluster-fuck.

You and your best friend, Chihiro Fujisaki, have dreamed of getting a duet together. You knew Chihiros little secret, about her being a him. The two of you felt as if it made your little voices sound better. Your light and sweet one, mixed with his lower and more... dense sound.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" A chipper voice squeals. You spin around, to see Chihiro running towards you, his olive green skirt flying in the wind. Hes holding what looks like a flyer.

"What?" You sweetly reply.

"We need to audition for the show!" Chihiro insists.

A big, dorky, smile is now plastered on your face. You snatch the paper from Chihiros hand and scan it.

"Auditions in 2 days! Oh Chihiro we gotta practice!" You exclaim.

Chihiro enthusiastically nods, and grabs your hand. He drags you off, over too a tree, and you begin to practice the duet for the upcoming show.

~

*Two days later*

"Okay! Next up is (Y/N) (L/N) and Chihiro Fujisaki!" The music teacher shouted.

The both of you ran up to the piano. You look at Chihiro, whom firmly nodded at you. The duet was sang beautifully, or in the two of your eyes. When it was completed, the teacher smiled at you contently, nodded, and then you two scurried off.

"We did great!" You squeal.

"No! You two sucked!" A little boys voice shouts.

You two look at each other and frown.

"But our voices sounded good!" You whine to the mystery boy.

The mystery boy comes out. It Mondo Oowada, known to be sort of the bully.

"Yeah? So? That just means you're soulmates." He huffs.

You look at Mondo, confused.

"Soulmates?" You ask.

"Yeah! Don't you know? Voices matching perfectly means your soulmates." He tells you.

You laugh. "I don't believe you!"

Chihiro shrugs. "Never heard of it."

Mondo throws his hands in the air. "Oh well then, don't believe me." And he walks off.

~
*12 years later*

After elementary school, you and Chihiro lost contact. He went to a middle school just for programming. You also heard he went to Hopes Peak as the SHSL Programmer  and graduated from there as well. Programmer. You didn't go, or apply to go. You had no talent.

Every day you think about what that boy, Mondo, told you. Voices matching perfectly means your soulmates. You were still skeptical about it. No one else but Chihiro harmonized with you.

That thought managed to ruin dates with people, the worst being the most recent one, where he got up from the bench and left you alone in the cold. In the pits of your despair, you lightly sang a sad love song. It quickly got interrupted but a soft and sweet voice.

"Hey... are you okay?" They asked.

The person was on the short side, and lanky. It was a young boy, probably about your age. He wore a forrest green suit, and had big green eyes that looked so familiar too you.

You let out a sigh. "Yeah I suppose."

The man sits next to you, not too close though.

"May I ask what happen?"

You sigh, and explain your whole soulmate situation to this... stranger. The thing is, he doesn't seem like a stranger to you. His caring eyes are so familiar in the oddest sense.

"I understand." The male says, slightly nodding. "I left my soulmate for a big programming school. We never really saw each other after." He mumbled slightly towards the end.

"Ah! That happened to me too!" You exclaim.

There was a long silence. You looked at the lanky boy, and study him.

"What's your name?" You blurt.

The boy giggles. "Chihiro Fujisaki."

You flash him a smile. "I was thinking so."

Chihiro grabs your hand. His big green eyes are gleaming with happiness. With a swift motion he pulls you from the bench.

"Come on (Y/N)! We have some catching up to do!"

•••
( for @McFluffel_ ) IM SO SORRY ITS SO SO SO SO BAD IM SO SORRY IM SO SORRY I WAS LOW ON IDEAS IM SO SORRY OKAY GOODBYE