byakuya togami

You stare down at your hands, where the letter you previously crumbled up resides. Tears are streaming down your face.

"I would never be with a girl who is still learning algebra."

A loud scream erupts from you. One that comes from the core of every emotion you're having. You tear the already crumpled note in two.

"God, you are so annoying."

Annoying.

Annoying.

Annoying.

That's all you'll ever be.

More and more tears fall down your face.

"Gee, only a fool like me would fall for him." You grumble to yourself.

You wipe the tears from your strawberry tinted face. After collecting yourself a bit more, you get up and walk home, reminiscing about the boy who brought your day down.

~
Today was the day! You were ready to confess. Your nerves were shaking you up and down your spine. Hopefully, he'll like you back, or at least be happy with the fact someone likes him. Before leaving for school, you scan the letter again. The print must be perfect! It's for the SHSL Heir after all.

"Wish me luck (Pet name)!"

You ran out your door. You practically skipped to school. When you arrived you hunted him down.

"Hey Byakuya!" You chirped.

The tall blond boy looks down at you.

"Why are you associating with me?" He harshly asked.

"Because we're friends?" You weakly suggested.

Byakuya scoffed and turned away. "We are not friends. Why would I be friends with an underclassman like you?"

Your body tensed up. Underclassman like you? The note fluttered from your hand.

"What's that?" Byakuya asked.

You scammed to go and pick it up. Unfortunately, Byakuya got to it first.

"Is this..." His usually scowling face fell, only for a moment. After his brief hesitation, he scoffed. "Hah! You wrote me a love letter!" The blond basically announced it to the whole school. He erupted in laughter.

"So-So! I- I ju-just!" You fumbled over your words.

"Listen here, and listen well plebeian. I do not want to associate with you." He hissed. You stepped back and he stepped closer.

Byakuya scoffed. "I would never be with a girl who is still learning algebra!" He yelled. "You- you're just- annoying! Get out of my presence!"

Tears welled up at your eyes. Before you even know where to go, you're running. Running far far away. The pain of being utterly rejected flows through you like a river.

You want it to be over.

It needs to be over now.

~
When you arrive home, you slam the door shut.

"(Pet name), in case you're wondering, it went shitty."