nagito komaeda

*requested*
• • •
Soulmate AU: Your world is black and white until you lock eyes with your soulmate.

Everything will always be boring.

Nothing will ever have any brightness.

It seemed cliche and stupid, but you knew it.

Your soulmate is non-existent.

You've looked so many people in the eye during your lifetime. It's impossible to think there's someone you haven't locked eyes with.

"Hey hey (Y/N)." A sweet voice interrupted your despair filled thoughts.

You lift your head up. "Oh hey Chiaki."

As perusal, you looked her in the eye. You've talked to the gamer billions of times, and looked her in the eye the same amount. The hope of finding someone is still out there.

"Still looking, huh (Y/N)?"

You nod. "Yep. My world is still... boring." You sigh.

"Hey hey, you'll find someone." The sleepy girl tells you.

You only roll your eyes. On cue, the lunch bell rings. You stand up and go with Chiaki to your usual lunch table. Hajime, Chiakis soulmate, is there. He's not alone though. A lanky boy, with a dark jacket and hair like wispy clouds is sitting across from him.

"Hey hey Hajime." Chiaki greets.

"Who's this?" You ask, pointing to the mystery boy.

He stands and sticks his hand out. "Nagito Komaeda."

You shake his hand, to save Chiaki the awkwardness of having to.

"(F/N) (L/N)" You say.

You don't bother looking him in the eye. He was pretty cute for being colorless, so he must have a pretty soulmate.

"(Y/N)? You have so much despair inside of you." Nagito told you.

The white headed boy grabs your hands and squeezes them.

"I hope someone can come along and fill you with hope. For the sake of you, I pray it's not me whom you're stuck with." He says, sort of out of nowhere.

You stare at the ground as he talks to you. Despair? Fill with hope? All you want is a soulmate, that will be the ultimate hope.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Will you look me in the eye?" Nagito suddenly asks you.

"Wh-wha?!" You sputter out the first word to him that wasn't your name.

"Just to assure you're not my soulmate, that's all. Trash like me doesn't deserve to be stuck with a gem like you." He states.

You sigh, and shrug. "I'm no better than you, if your trash."

You look up, and into his eyes. His... blue green eyes?

You look around you. It's like fireworks going off. Explosions of blues and greens. Nagitos jacket was now a forrest green, and his skin was a sickly pale color. You turn to Chiaki to see her beautiful pastel pink hair, and matching colored eyes. Hajime and his olive colored eyes and mousy brown hair.

"Woah..." You mumble. For the first time in forever, a smile brightens your face. "There's so much..."

"...Color? Haha, just my luck. A pretty girl ended up with trash like me."

Nagito touches your face and stares into your eyes. He has a content smile on his face.

"Beautiful (E/C) eyes, perfect (skin color)." He murmurs. Nagito takes a strand of your hair and twists it with his long finger. "Amazing (h/c) hair."

"I feel so... hopeful." You say.

"Do you? That's good." Nagito replies.

"Can I just-" You start, then you grab the albinos face and sweetly kiss his pale lips.

"-I suppose you can."

Nagito took your hand.

"I'm glad we'll be together forever, (Y/N)."

And like a drop of ink, her world was filed with color. And like a pitcher, hope poured into her heart.

•••
605 words. i'm sorry it's short okay goodbye