fuyuhiko kuzuryu

*requested*

This, by far, was the worst idea you've ever had.

"Souda! Are you sure I should of invited him?"

Souda chuckles. "Yeah, its fine. He's really excited." The shark boy tells you.

Excited? About a date. With You?!?

"Oh god. Souda-kun I'm going to mess this up so bad. I'm gonna stutter on stage. I'm gonna be nervous. I'm never nervous! I never stutter!" You ramble to the mechanic.

The pink haired boy laughs and playfully slaps your back. "You'll be fine!"

"Me?! Fine?! Around HIM? Kazuichi Souda, there is no way I can be fine around him. Do you know how long-"

"Hey (Y/N)." Oh goodness it's him.

"Fuyuhiko! Hi!" You squeak.

"Excited for your big poetry night?" He asks.

You nod. "Yep! Even though I go every Friday."

"As expected of the SHSL Poet." Fuyuhiko says with a chuckle.

You awkwardly chuckle along with him. Your little encounter is interrupted by the bell. Without another word, you scurry off to your next, and favorite, class. Creative Writing. Even if your title was SHSL Poet, you loved all types of writing. Poetry was just your specialty, so to say.

You sit down next to the SHSL Writer, Touko Fuwaka. You've become aquatinted with the awkward underclassman, and you tend to share ideas. You told her about your little date, to which she went on about Togami and how she would literally kill to be with him.

"Hey Fuwaka-chan! I have a question. And a request to go along with it." You tell the girl.

"O-Oh okay." She mumbles out.

"I want to do something for Fuyuhiko. And I'm thinking about writing. Can you help? Without uh- mentioning it to anyone?" You say.

The shy girl shrugs. "I- I guess! Maybe Togami-kun will approve of me! I-if I help you." Touko drools.

"Sure, yeah whatever. So what should I write?" You ask.

She picks up a pencil, and scratches all over it. When she's done, she slides you what she wrote.

~Make it meaningful.
~Be truthful.
~Base it off real life.
~Colorful words.
~Put all your love into it.

You smile. "Thanks a bunch Touko! You're the best!" You exclaim.

Touko chuckles in her awkward way. "Y-yeah sure. No-no issue."

You grab a blank sheet of paper and start writing. This may just be your favorite- and most important- piece of work.

"Oh god- is he not here?" You mumble to yourself.

You poke your head out of the curtains so you can see the crowd. The short little gangsta isn't there. You throw back the curtain and groan.

"Oh great! I should of known." You huff. "He wouldn't be interested in this!"

"God calm down (Y/N)! He's not here, so what? It sucks to be him because he won't hear your poem!" Your good friend, Akane, tells you.

You once again huff and sit on the wooden floor of the backstage. Your arms are now crossed and your cheeks are puffed out.

"Fuyuhiko doesn't care about me! That's why he's not here!"

Akane rolls her eyes. "You're so dramatic! You're next, so get out there and poet your ass off!"

You snicker at the large breasted girl. "Okay Akane. I'll go "Poet my ass off."

Akane gives you a big hug. "Good luck!"

You walk out on stage. You unfold the piece of paper with your poem on it, and stare at the words.

"This goes out to- someone. Yeah. Someone." You mumble into the mic.

A deep breath. This was going to be your big moment. Your poem to him. Yet he wasn't even there.

"You make me fly.
You make me soar.
Your eyes like the grass below my feet,
The smile on your face is the greatest feat.
I miss you when you're gone.
I miss you when you're near.
My love, my love,
you make me-"

You look into the crowd, and you don't see him there. Hot tears form at the brink of your eyelids. Oh of course! Of course he didn't make it. One tear falls down your face.

"Happy." You choke out.

The crowd applauses. You bolt off stage. All your meaningful words are now wasted. You sit on the floor and sob, just sob and sob. Akane looks down at you and sighs.

"Poor girl." She mumbles.

Time passes, and you finally decide you should get up and go home. You can tell it got later. The once colorful sky is now a navy blue and sprinkled with gleaming stars.

"I guess I'll go drink away my problems." You huff.

You walk down the street, to a 7-11. You walk to the back, and grab the biggest cup. Then you proceed to fill it up with (Favorite Flavor) slush. You go up to the counter, pay, then walk outside. You go back to the Poetry Slam place. You sit on the curb, that's next to the quiet street.

"I could be sitting with him." You huff to yourself quietly.

You just should of known! It would be too good to be true if he were to come and see you. Sadly, you take a long sip from your slushie.

"(Y/N)!"

Is that--

"(Y/N)! Are you okay!?"

"Fuyhu...hiko?" You breathe out.

"I'm here."

You scoff. "A little late."

The young yakuza awkwardly chuckles. He scratches the back of his head and looks away as well.

"Yeah, I know! I got a little bit busy okay?!" He suddenly snaps.

You stand up. "I guess I worked my own ass off for no reason!" You shout back.

"Worked your ass off?! Don't even! You read some words!" Fuyuhiko yells back.

"THOSE STUPID WORDS WERE MEANT FOR YOU!" You scream.

Silence. Fuyuhiko stares at you, saying nothing. He's clearly taken back. You're still angry, so you take the poem from out of your pocket and throw it to the ground. Wordlessly, you stomp away, you melted slushie in hand.

"Wait (Y/N)!"

You say nothing as you get further and further away. Fuyuhiko is running behind you, you can hear him screaming your name. It's hard to ignore, but you do it. Hot wet tears are slipping down your face.  Your heart is racing and erratically beating. Eventually, Fuyuhiko catches up with you. The blonde boy grabs your shoulder and turns you around.

"Why are you being so dramatic and shit! God, I feel like shit because I couldn't fucking make it! But... I read your poem. It's really beautiful. It could make a shitty day alright. I can tell you put a shitton of love and guts into that short little poem." Fuyuhiko tells you.

You don't say anything. The tears on your face are no longer sad. They're happy. You drop your slushie on the ground and hug him. You feel Fuyuhiko smile.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Very much so." You mumble out your first words to him after your outburst.

"Wanna go get another slushie or somethin'?" Fuyuhiko asks.

"If you want to." You reply with a shrug.

"(Y/N) I will do anything, as long as it's with you."

an: WOW THIS IS LITERAL ASS CANCER!!!!! also i'm probably not going to take anymore requests for a while ): i'll be writing a Hifumi, Monokuma, Chihiro and Izuru x reader. sO yEah!! it won't be in that order,, but the hifumi one is next xdxdxd okay sorry for the painfully long note!! bye!!