Chapter 4

Tony and Rhodes hung out at the diner down the street, small, family owned. But the food was delicious and to die for. Some people, for some odd reason, didn't see it that way. Well, it was run mostly by Thor and Loki. Thor, the waitor and food person, he called himself, Loki, the cranky chef that gets mad when customers are being picky and annoying, like Tony.
"I'll have an omelette. A little bit of onions, not too much though. Ooo, throw some chives in there too. Oh, don't forget that I like a lot of cheese. Mozzarella."
"Goddamm it stark!" He already heard Loki from behind the doors to the kitchen.
He laughed.
Thor had eventually become a close friend. After the big tips and free milkshakes, plus, they were their only customers for the most part.
A tall man with brown hair and blue eyes walked into the diner and sat a few seats down from them. Tony didn't notice, but Rhodes did. He elbowed him and tilted his head in the mans direction. "What about him?" Tony asked.
"Go say hi." He whispered and pushed him out of his seat. "No, I don't- what if he isn't-"
Bruce pushed him further and the man just stared. Tony blushed and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Uhhh... Hi."
"Hi." He man said back with big eyes. "Tony." And he stuck out his hand. He man took it and shook it.
"Mark." Tony noticed he didn't smile, he noticed a lot of things, the broadness of his shoulders and the sharp jawline, maybe he's been staring too long because mark left awkwardly with his food. He didn't even say bye.
Tony face palmed and dashed out the door. You'd think he'd go after him to apologize and ask if he could make it up to him, but he ran to his bright red sports car and drove back to his place, where he almost unintentionally suffocated himself out of embarrassment.
Bruce and Rhodes started for the door when he left, but stopped once they reached the door because his car was already speeding off.
"Maybe we shouldn't have done that."
"No kidding."
"Should we-?"
"No, give him some time. Besides he's gonna be pissed."
And he was. What if he ran into him again? What if he was never gay or bisexual or whatever? What if he's a homophobe? What if he runs into tony again and just bashes him? What if he's so against it, he ends up being the bulky who beats up people? He was strong. He had muscles.
Why does he always think of the worst scenario? If he sees him, run and run far so he doesn't even get a glimpse of him.