Chapter 7

Steve asked innocently about family.
Tony stopped drinking his beer and put it down. "Uhm, well, I don't have any cousins or aunts or siblings."
"What about your parents?"
Tony stopped what he was doing again, steve didn't know about his parents much, so he couldn't blame him. "Yea, uhh, YOU see, I don't really talk to them- or they don't talk to me." Steve frowned, "mind if I ask why?"
"When I came out to them that I was gay, well, my mom was totally fine with it. She didn't care. My father, kicked me out and called me a fag." He looked down.
Steve frowned even more and leaned forward. "Really?"
"Yeah. I try to talk to them from time to time, but my dad'll cut off the line so my mom would hang up."
"That's horrible."
Tonys shrugged, "My dad was always an ass, I didn't really think he'd take it lightly in the first place." It was quiet between them for a minute or so before tony asked, "how about you?"
He shook his head. "Single child, my dad was killed in the war, and my mom in a car accident a few years ago."
"Oh, I'm sorry." He said solemnly. "Is that why you chose to enlist? Because your dad did?"
Steve shook his head. "Not really. I mean, maybe a bit, but mostly because I wanted to be able to help people, make a difference, even if it doesn't feel that way right now..." he trailed off when the waitress came back with their food. Tony waited for steve to continued, but he obviously didn't want to talk about it because he was already eating.
In between bites, they'd talk a bit, about less 'depressing' subject. They laughed, smiled, tony actually forgot about the file for the time being. Steve paid, tony offered, but steve insisted and said he could pay next time.
They walked around some more, around a park, talking, holding hands, and steve pulled him to a less busy part of the park, by a big pond. The sun was setting on the other side and it reflected off the water.
Tony just realized how late it was getting once he saw the sun setting, but forgot everything when steves lips met his. He closed his eyes, but was completely surprised by it. Then, he leaned into it, ran his hands from steves thin waist to his muscular and broad back as steves hands ran behind his head and neck, then through his hair.
Steve pulled away after a nice long kiss and they rested their foreheads together. "Wow." Tony whispered.
"Tony."
"Yea steve?"
"I love you." He looked straight into his eyes intensely as they interlocked their hands together.
Tony smiled even brighter than he just was, "I love you too, steve."
Tony walked steve home though, tony still had his car parked by the restaurant and steve lived pretty close to it.
They stood in front of the door and stood there quietly for a few seconds, staring at each other. Tony was going to say something, but thought it was better to skip right to the point. He leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Goodnight." He said with a smile. "'Night." Steve said back.
Tony started walking down the steps still holding onto steves hand as long as he could, but let go eventually.
Letting his arm drop to his side, he slid his hand in his pocket and watched as tony almost skipped away, looking back once and smiling.
Steve jogged up the stairs in the building and skipped down the hallways. Busy must've heard him across the hallway, yeah, Natasha apparently lived across the hallway from them, they never noticed.
But Bucky opened the door and leaned up against the wall next to steves door and looked at him, just looked. His pink cheeks and smug smile gave him the hint he met someone. "Who is it?"
"What? I don't know what you're talking about." He said teasingly. "Oh, come on man. Who?"
Steve looked at him and smiled. Bucky raised his eyebrows and waited. "His names tony. Tony stark."
"Is he planning on leaving town like the other asshat?"
"I don't think so." He shook his head and finally got his door open. His door never opened properly. Get it fixed, he made a mental note every time but always forgot and didn't have the money.
"He better not, or..." his smile faded.
Steve looked at him seriously. Bucky used to be able to come up with the best and funniest fake threats that actually made him sound serious, but after the attack at camp, he changed, and couldn't say or do anything to hurt someone with both his fist, foot or words.
Steve patted his shoulder. "How are you and Natasha?"
"Awesome." Bucky smiled again. It was like a light had been turned off for a really long time, and after he met Natasha, it switched back on again. He seemed happier, she was good for him and steve was also happy for him. They still hung out, just less than before. "She's really awesome."
"Hey buck! Come on, it's starting!" She yelled from their living room. "Is she still making you watch that show? What is it again...?"
"Greys anatomy. It actually isn't that bad."
"Yeah, ok." Steve laughed and walked inside his apartment.
"Oh shut up." Bucky said as he pushed himself off the wall and headed into his apartment.
Steve smiled one last time as he shut the door and threw his keys on the table. It was dark, he hadn't turned on the lights because he was planning on going straight to bed. Which he did, fell asleep soundly and through the whole night.