Chapter 20

Then tony had to explain to Bruce and Rhodes where he's been, with out lying. He called them.
"Hey."
"Tony! Where the hell have you been?" Bruce screamed over the phone.
"I've been... uh, with steve."
"With steve?" They knew he didn't assault him, but they still had a bad impression about him. Because, they haven't officially met him and had a full blown conversation. "Yes. We're back together and I'm staying with him."
"You couldn't have told me his a few weeks ago?" Tony shrugged even if he knew it wouldn't be useful. "Just... tell us, ok? And make sure you're still going to the doctor."
"Yeah, ok."
"Bye."
"Bye."

When Bucky and Natasha came back, a few days had passed since her parents funeral. They didn't bear smiles or joy when they came back.
Tony heard the thumping of feet on the floor and noticed it stopped right in front of their door.
"I think they're back." Tony told steve who was sitting at the table behind him.
Steve stood up and headed straight for the door. He opened it slowly with a creak and peeked outside.
Natasha had already made her way to her bedroom and plopped down on the bed while Bucky brought the rest of the begs inside.
"Hey." Steve said from behind him.
He turned around and saw steve leaning against the doorframe.
"Hi."
"How was it?" He asked just to see if it went bad or extremely bad.
"It was what to be expected during a funerals. They were old, just extremely coincidental they passed only hours apart." He shrugged.
"How's Natasha?"
"I don't know. She doesn't want to talk about it and she had a hard time throughout."
"Sorry." He said out of respect and Bucky nodded.
"I should get back to her."
"Yeah, of course. Bye."
"Bye." And he disappeared into the apartment.
Steve closed the door and sat back down next to tony on the couch. An arm, going over his head and rested on his shoulder. "Are you ok?" Steve asked and tony frowned.
"Whaddoya mean?"
"After your parents passed?"
Tonys frown disappeared into a sad look, but he continued. "I think I'm doing ok. It's not really different, like, I never saw them too often. It just hurts to know that there actually gone." He squeezed his lips together and played with his hands. "But I'm fine." He leaned into steves chest and wrapped an arm around his hip.
Steve kissed his forehead a few times before leaning his head on tonys and proceeded watching tv.
Most of the following week was calm and quiet. They didn't go to the bar, didn't go on dates, steve still went to the diner, but came right back afterwards unless he was getting groceries or something.
They wanted to be around mostly for Natasha, since she hadn't left her room for a day and Bucky was always there for her.
Friday, of that week, they went to the grocery store, expecting an easy in and out for a few things.
They separated in the store, and tony was walking down an aisle going through the boxes of food when a man caught his attention. It was either his face or his behaviour that was familiar, probably his behaviour though.
A woman had been picking out cereals with her little boy when he walked up and grabbed her ass. "What the hell?" And she backed away from him.
"Come on baby girl," and he leaned over her again wrapping one arm around her and squeezed her butt again.
"Would you stop it?!" She pushed him away and started pushing her son down the aisle in the cart, but he grabbed her arm.
"Aw come on, we could have fu~un." He teased.
Tony started to approach him, "hey, buddy. She has a kid. Back off."
He turned around and he whipped his arm away from the woman. 'Shitshitshitshitshitshit' he was at least a foot taller, just as he was before, when he was at the bar. "Just, leave her alone-"
The man didn't say anything else, just kept taking small steps towards him. "I'm not looking for any trouble-"
"You're the fag from the bar. And it looks like your boyfriend isn't here to protect you." He smirked, grabbed tony by the collar and slammed him against the shelf of food. "I'm gonna kill you." He growled and pressed his forearm against his throat, hard.
Tony pounded his fists on the mans arms and tried grabbing at his shirt, but tony was frail and skinny while the man was tall and more than boffe and he wouldn't budge.
"You got me beat up. You got me kicked out by a bunch of fags." He continued but tony could barely hear him. His vision was darkening in the corners and his chest was burning.