Chapter 33

"Hey, how's work?" Tony asked and looked up from the papers on the table quickly to look at steve. "Busy. Exhausting. How were your days?"
"A guy at work quit, left me with all his shit to deal with." He sighed and wrote more stuff down.
Steve walked over and kissed his head. "Sorry, hon."
"Mmm..."
Steve set the bag of groceries down on the counter and started putting them away. "Peter? How 'bout you?"
"Huh? Uhm... fine." He shrugged before turning off the tv and heading to his room.
Steve frowned but continued to put the groceries away. After he finished, he watched tv for a while before realizing how late it had gotten and turning the tv off. "You should et to bed too. It's pretty late." He told tony. "Ok, I'll be there soon, just... let me finish this."
"How long will it take you?" Tony sighed again. "10, 20 Minutes tops."
"It better. You need sleep too."
"Mmmmhmmm..."
"Ok, night." "'Night."
Steve went off to their room while tony finished off. He turned piled the papers neatly and turned off the lights before heading down the hallway to go join him in bed. He'd barely gotten in the bed when e heard a window opening. At first he thought it was Peter, sneaking out for some reason, because well, every parent thinks of their children first.
So he got back up slowly and quietly, careful not to wake steve. He got to peters room to see him laying down in his bed, playing on his phone. Window closed.
He frowned at first, "What?" Peter asked and out his phone down.
He shook his head. "I thought I heard a window opening. Get to bed."
Peter huffed then supposedly went to sleep. He really just waited for the door to close to turn his phone back on.
He was tiptoeing through the kitchen when he heard footsteps behind him. He jumped when he turned around and saw a masked man before a fist to the nose sent him to the ground, hitting his head pretty hard on the table behind him, he slipped into the darkness to unconsciousness.
The bang that occurred when he hit the floor, got Peters attention. He quickly made it to the door, but slowly opened it and peeked out.
When he peeked out he saw his dad on the floor, passed out. He tiptoed his way there, expecting someone or something to jump at him. But there wasn't anything. He kneeled at his side and picked his head up. His nose bleeding and a small spot on the back of his head. "Pop! STEVE!" Maybe his calling his dad by his first name would make it seem more urgent than it may.
Steve stepped out the door slowly while rubbing his eyes before noticing tony on the floor, his face covered in blood and Peter on the verge of crying.
The blood. All over his face. He wasn't awake. He could be dead. What if he's dead. No. No. No.
He started rushing over but a leg tripped him, sending him to the ground. He got up quickly to face the masked man.
No words spoken, the man threw the first punch, steve dodged it and wiped his legs out from under him by swinging his leg at his feet.
Tony slowly regained consciousness to see his sons face hovering above his in a blur. "Dad! Dad!" "P...Peter? Wh-"
"Peter get you and your dad out of here!" Steve yelled before the man got up again. He helped him up then got tonys arm over his sons shoulder before shooting them away. "What about y-"
"Go!"
"Steve..." tony said quietly, but he didn't. Hear him or have to time to answer him since he was back to punching the man around. Himself being punched around as well. Wire quickly, the man got the upper hand and pinned steve against the wall. He used his forearm to press against his neck.
Steve hit the man, but he wouldn't budge, he was obviously very strong.
So he pulled off the mask.
Great, just... great. Of course it was the same jackass from years ago that tried to kill tony.
The lack of oxygen was getting to him and things suddenly got blurry, but he got a quick glance at the two figures across the room, Peter was trying to drap tony to the door, but tony was resisting and telling him to go. Of course, once Peter saw steve, he gave in.
He let steve drop to the floor before turning around and heading for Peter. Of course, kill the son first. Let them suffer through that pain.
So he jumped over one couch and just as tony went to swing a punch, the man grabbed him by the arm, punched him a few times and flipped him over the back.
He reached out and managed to grab Peter shirt before he could run out of his reach and pull him towards him.
Steve was barely pushing himself up when he saw Peter with a gun being held to his temple. "Let him go." He said as he stood up and checked tony quickly, he was squirming on the floor, trying to get up. "I've been waiting for this." The man grinned. "We never did anything to you, why? Why are you-"
"You made a fool of me. You embarrassed me!"
"So you want to kill us?! That's unreasonable and completely idiotic! Get over it, you were embarrassed 20 years ago!" Steve shouted and took a few steps closer. "Don't come any closer!" He pressed the gun up against peters head even harder and he flinched.
Rage bubbled up inside of him, along with the sick feeling in his stomach because his son was in danger. "Ok, ok, calm down..."
"Don't tell me what to do!" Steve took another step. "I said don't fucking move!" He pointed the gun to steve this time, making him put his hands up and stop in the spot. "Look man, just drop the gun-"
"Shut up!" He wrapped an arm around Peters neck and squeezed. He gripped onto his arm in attempt to pull him off, but like I said, he was strong.
Since the man did so, steve took a step only because he was worried for his son and had to get him to safety.
One bullet was shot, one man went down for the last time.