Chapter 8

Tony had made it back to his car, and first planned to go straight to his place, but considered seeing his parents. It was only 9:34, neither of them were ever asleep then. So he went, not expecting to go great, but not expecting it to go badly either.
He'd seven for about an hour before he reached their mansion. Looked the same as before. He walked up to the front porches and rang the doorbell once. He waited a minute for someone to answer, it was his mom. Her jaw dropped and she reached her arms out. "Tony!" She exclaimed and her pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey mom." He smiled.
"How have you been? It's been so long!" She pulled away but kept her hand son his shoulders.
"Working, mostly."
"That's good-"
"Maria! Who is that?!" He heard Howard yell from down the hallway.
She closed the door after he walked in, it changed slightly. The few pictures that were hanging on the wall, were all gone. He'd guessed they'd been taken down by Howard since tony was in them.
His mom didn't answer so he had to come stomping to the door to find out himself. "Hi dad." He said with a smaller smile, but something inside him still almost missed him. "Why is this fag here?!" He sounded drunk, he looked drunk.
"Howard!"
"Get him out! I don't want to see him ever again!" He pointed to the door with the bottle of whiskey he held in his hand.
"No!"
"Excuse me?" He said and put the bottle down.
"I said no." She said firmly, and planted her foot on the ground. "He is your son. He's been gone for years because of you!"
"And I still-"
"NO!"
"Maria!!!" He started stomping towards her but you got in between them and put a hand on his chest to stop him. But the bottle of whiskey came crashing down on his head and he was knocked out.
He woke up in his old room. His mom with a damp rag dabbing away the blood that dripped from the cut on his forehead.
His head was pounding and his vision was blurred. "Wha-"
"Shhh shhhh." His mom hushed him. "You should sleep."
"I should go."
"Just, ignore your father. He's been working a lot lately." "He's always working a lot." She nodded. "I should go." He started sitting up, but the pounding in his head was horrible and he put both hands up to his forehead. "Ok, but I'll be driving you."
"Do you even know how to drive?" He chuckled slightly.
She laughed too. "I do, I just don't that often."
He laughed one more time and slowly stood up and made it back downstairs, where one of the maids was cleaning up the broken glass and spilled alcohol. Tony remembered her, she's Laura. She's the one who'd play with him when his mom couldn't and cooked everything for him. She was always his favourite.
"Laura." He said and she turned around to see him slowly walking down stairs with his hand to his head and his mom helping him. "Tony." She smiled and hugged him. "How's your head?"
"Hurts. You're still here?" She shrugged. "No where else to go, and I've worked here for so long, I can't just leave." She rubbed his arm and he nodded.
"Well we should get going." His mom said and led him to the door.
"Bye." He said and she waved as they walked out the door.