Chapter 22

Catherine's POV

"Paul, it's me," I say through the phone with my husband away at tour. 

"Are you okay? What's happened?" He asks worryingly. 

"It's not me, it's Mina," I tell him and I hear other people shuffling. It must be on speaker phone. "She ran away," 

"WHAT!" I think Louis yelled. 

"Yeah, it was an accident. I can't tell you completely but Mina and Zinah had a fight, then we did and now she has gone, she left 2 hours ago and it's 12:00 in the morning. Meaning it's Christmas and I don't know where she it," I cry. 

"What happened between you two?" Paul asked calmly trying to fight the sadness. 

"I, it wasn't mean to be like that I promise, it just came out saying Zinah was one of my favourites and as though I only cared about Zinah, then Mina left!" I explained and I hear him sigh. Just then, Mina comes stumbling through the house. "Mina?" 

"Oh hi there," She yells happily and I immediately know she is drunk. 

"Are you drunk?" I ask and she shrugs. 

"Like you care though aye!" She states and I sink into my chair. "Who's on the phone?" 

"Louis and Dad," I tell her and she nods before leaving. "I found her, but she is drunk," 

"Oh god," Paul groans and Louis laughs a little. 

"I promise it will be sorted soon, I mean it's Christmas, nothing bad can happen right?" Louis claims and I laugh a little. 

"I hope not, anyway I'll call you guys later okay?" 

"Sure, see ya babe, look after my baby," Paul says. 

"Have a good sleep Catherine!" Louis says happily before the line goes dead. Now onto my next patient. Well the person I have to make it up to. I make my way upstairs and stop outside of Mina's room. All I can hear is light snores and a little whimper now and then and I knew I should just leave her. I make my way up the other flight of stairs before going down the hall and into my room. Why does there always have to be problems.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Mina POV

I slowly wake up and let my eyes adjust to the lights just as my head throbs in unbearable pain. Immediately my thoughts to back to last night, the club, the fighting, the boys. Oh god! After leaving the club everything was a blur. Today was Christmas, well worst Christmas I have ever had. Dad won't be back today, first Christmas without him. Even better. 

I think back to last year when I didn't even know these boys and Louis is already 20. It's nearly 2012 and everything feels so incomplete. 

I was brought back when my phone starts ringing, I quickly snap up to get it, ignoring the pain that is worthy to kill. 

"Hey babe, just wondering how you were?" Louis asks through the phone. I completely forget about everything and my mind focuses to all the butterflies that are now in my stomach from my nickname. 

"I'm in pain!" I groan and he lets out a little laugh as I shift to a better spot in my bed. 

"So, I heard what was wrong and I am going to give it to you, you acted better then I would have. I'm sorry I'm not with you right now, nor is your father," He apologises and I fight back the tears that will start to come as he reminds me that those two won't be here at all. 

"It's okay," I lie and he lets out a little sigh. "So how are you on this fine day?" 

"I could be better, horrible flight yesterday and to make it worse, your Mum phoned and said you went missing making me worried, but at least you came back. Sober or not," He states and my heart melts at his words. He worried about me? I didn't even know what we were? 

We talk for another 30 minutes before his little sister tells him that he has to go then just like that I am again alone. In my own world. I sit there for another hour before I decide to face the world downstairs. I notice my Mum in the lounge on the phone probably to my Dad before she notices me. 

She quickly hangs up and flashes me a smile. I just look away, avoiding all contact with her as I stalk to the kitchen. I notice heaps of food so I assume she invited over her friends. I decide to give Cynara and Jace a call to see if they could come over before the both leave to London. 

Jace and his girlfriend broke up, so he's single but I am pretty sure he likes her still and Cynara is still waiting for the boys to introduce her to Michael Clifford. Finally after they reply they can't come over so I guess I'm stuck alone again. 

"Hey darling," Mum says entering the kitchen. 

"Hey," I mumble and she sighs before coming closer to me. I of course step back and she sighs again. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that," She says and I roll my eyes. 

"Well it sounded like you did and I am sick of people choosing or favouring others over me!" I state angrily. 

"You know I would never chose anyone over you! These last couple of weeks you have been nothing but good to me and I never ever meant to hurt you. You know you are the best daughter someone could ask for. I have friends with daughters your age and I brag to them how good you are and of course they are so jealous of you! I don't think anyone could top it, you are the best and yes I may have said that but that's because I thought you did something wrong and anger took over me. I think if you left me for good, I would be done. Your Dad should help me more, but no it's you and you have put so many things down for me and this baby and I don think anyone could be better than you!" She cries and I immediately forget about last night and hug her. She hugs back as we cry together.