Chapter 6

"You can't go back to work today" Ginny pleaded. Harry chuckles and shook his head.

"I have to, I have been gone for three days and it looks like I have two werewolves to tame" Harry says with a small chuckle. He walks over to James who is sitting in his high chair. He picks him up and kisses him on the cheek. "Bye buddy" Harry says. He tickles James on the stomach and James lets out a fit of giggles. Teddy isn't there because he is at his grandmothers again. She decided she wanted Teddy until she died but teddy came to stay over every now and then.

*

"What are you doing today Ron?" Hermione asks. Ron is playing with Rose on the ground.

"Daddy, Daughter day" Ron says with a smile. Hermione sighs.

"You can't take her to any wizarding places" Hermione says sternly. "And why aren't you going to work today?" She asks.

"Because Fred and George fired me" Ron mutters.

"How does that work?" Hermione asks. Ron shrugs.

"There were too many of us working there, four people is a lot for a store in diagon alley" Ron says. Hermione nods.

"You know, you are qualified to become and auror" Hermione suggests.

"I know but I've been wanting to get away from the action" Ron says. He looks at the ground.

"That's why you haven't seen Harry in a while?" Hermione asks and Ron nods. "You can be such a shitty best friend you know"

"I know" Ron grunts. He picks Rose up and hands her to Hermione. "And Rose is your daughter, you've been working too much 'Mione, you need to spend time with your daughter" Ron mutters. Hermione nods and takes Rose into her arms. Rose can't talk yet but she can crawl now. "I'll go see Harry and you can spend time with Rose"

"Ron I have work" Hermione says but Ron had already disappeared into thin air. Hermione sighed. She picked up the phone and called her mother. "Mum I need you to look after Rose.... I have work... no you can't tell anyone about her... it's too dangerous... mum I said no... bloody hell mum I don't care... I have work... okay I'll see you soon... love you too"

*

Harry looked up when he saw Ron walk into his office. "Hello Ronald" Harry said with a smirk. Ron scratched the back of his neck and sat in the old leather chair in front of Harry's desk.

"Hi mate" Ron said nervously. "''Mione told me that I should become and auror"

"Is that what you want to do?" Harry asks. When Ron doesn't answer right away Harry says "because I know you are qualified and I will hire you if that's what you want"

"That's what I need to do" Ron replies. "Fred and George fired me, they didn't need anymore employees so they sacked me"

"That sucks mate, you're hired... come in on Monday if that's what you want" Harry says. Ron nods. It is Thursday so he has a few days to think about it.