Chapter 23

Harry, Ron and Hermione sit in their hotel room in a circle. Newt is in his suitcase feeding and taking care of his creatures, he will be down their for hours. They begin talking and joking around as they eat sweets and use fun magic like they use to. Then the conversation gets serious once Hermione's smile turns into a frown. 

"I miss school" Hermione says. "I miss everything about it, learning, doing magic. You know I always felt this excitement whenever i learnt something new because well, being a muggleborn and finding out that I have magical powers is amazing. Something you thought was fake becoming a reality"

"I know what that's like, Getting away from the Dursley's was the best part about it" Harry said as he chucked a jelly bean up in the air and catching it in his mouth. 

"There hasn't been a time in my life when I didn't know what magic was, my family was so open with it. They use magic for everything" Ron explains. "But I do miss school, only because we were always together. I even loved trying to act like I wasn't in love with Hermione" Ron says with a chuckle. Hermione blushes and looks away. Right here in this moment they are back to being teenagers. 

"I remember in first year you'd make fun of her but I knew you liked her" Harry said with a laugh. 

"I did not" Ron says and he crosses his arms stubbornly. Hermione gives him a look. "Okay, fine I liked you Hermione, not such a big surprise" Ron says. "I mean we do have a daughter together"

"Yeah one that we can't show to the world" Hermione says sadly.

"Look guys, I was hidden from the world too. It's not too bad. Plus she will always have James and Albus to play with so it's not like she won't have fun" Harry explains in an effort to cheer Hermione up. Hermione changes the subject quickly.

"Tell us Harry, when do you know you liked Ginny? Like when were you first infatuated by her?" Hermione asks and for some reason Ron is completely cool with it. Harry thinks for a moment but deep inside he has always known when it was. 

"It was on the train to Hogwarts the summer that we were going back for our 6th year, I remember over the summer that it was just normal for Ginny to be around us but when she chose to sit in a different carriage I felt sad that she was going off with Dean" Harry explains. "but when i truly truly knew in the moment was when I smelt her perfume from that love potion, in the moment i thought i was the burrow but the next moment i saw her i smelt it again"

"No, that's not it" Hermione says. "When did you know right there in the moment?" she asks.

"why are we going right into this?" Ron asks, embarrassed.

"She was kissing Dean in the three broomsticks, I saw her from a distance and i knew that I liked her then because I was so jealous that I imagined myself kissing her instead" Harry is now embarrassed also.

"Aw that's so sweet" Hermione says with a smile.

"Okay, enough about that..." Ron says. "I'm still wondering how we are going to help Newt get this Dragon, Todd made it clear that he wasn't giving her up"

"There has to be something that we can do" Harry murmurs.

"There's always a way" Hermione states. "But i have even looked into the japanese wizarding rules and no where does it mention anything about owning a dragon" Hermione explains. Newt's head pops out of his suitcase. 

"That's because the dragons here are pretty much extinct" 

"Minister, I think I know where Willis could be" Ginny says with excitement in her voice. She closes the door behind her and locks it. "I went to Azkaban with Harley to talk to Michael and he gave me some information about how Willis absolutely adores Newt and he even took his last name to be like him" 

"What are you trying to tell me?" Kingsley asks.

"I'm trying to say that Newt has a suitcase that he can climb into, it's small and hardly noticeable" Ginny explains. Kingsley's eyes light up.

"You're saying Newt has taken Willis to Japan in his suitcase?" Kingsley asks.

"No, but close" Ginny says. "Willis must of made his own little world tucked into something and i think it is exactly like Newt's suitcase because Willis is so obsessed with Newt"

"Have we seen one exactly like Newt's?"

"No but there are things that we can do to track it down. If we find out who Willis truly is then we can find old addresses and talk to his real family"

"We may just be able to do that with old school records and what not" Kingsley said. "I'd start with checking the hufflepuff student files from around the time you were at school" Kingsley suggests.

"Looks like I will be paying a visit to good ol' Severus Snape for those files"