Chapter 18

Harry's eyes scan over the licence that he has been given. His eyes light up when he sees the name. "Newt Scamander" the words fall from his lips as a grin grows. It seems by the date of birth that he isn't two hundred years old but much younger (96 years)

"That's me" the old man states.

"Yes, I know. We nearly had to come see you many times" Harry says with a chuckle.

"Why, what did I do?"

"Nothing" Harley says quickly and reassuringly. "Do you know a man named Willis Scamander?"

"No" the old man replies. "He has my last name but I have never known someone with that first name in my bloodline" newt states.

"Didn't think so" Harry says smoothly. "Newt, we have to ask you to be careful with those creatures of yours. Harley and I had to wipe muggle memories because of them"

"Oh sorry Mr. Potter" Newt says with a grin. "As you may have heard, my suitcase finds it hard to stay closed" he mutters. "I'm about to go on a trip and my creatures seem to not want to come so they sneak out"

"May we ask where it is that you're going Mr Scamander?" Harley asks as he crosses his arms over his chest.

" Uh well, I'm going to Japan to find a rare and near extinct dragon. I already have one you see but I need another one so they can breed"

"You do understand that it is illegal..." Harley begins buts Harry cuts him off.

"Shut up Harley" Harry says as he shakes his head. "I hope you are successful, it's never good when an animal goes extinct"

"Yes.. tell me more about this Willis Scamander?" Newt asks.

"We had a man posing as your grandson at the ministry but everything is okay now" harry states. Newt nods. "We were just wondering if there was a Willis Scamander at all"

"Not that I know of"

After leaving the house Harley turns to Harry with a glare. "What was that? Breeding dragons is illegal in the UK"

"Not for him, if you did your job correctly you would know that their are only a few people that can breed dragons here. You clearly didn't read that because there are only three and newt is the best known"

"Okay okay, I get it. I'm bad at my job" Harley mutters.

"No you're not, you're actually one of my most trusted employees. You do a good job. I just get ahead of myself. That's all"

*

Harry walks into the house and gives Ginny a kiss. "I missed you today" Ginny says. Today was her day to look after James and Albus.

"And I missed you"

"How was your day?" She asks.

"I met Newt Scamander" harry says with a chuckle. "The rumours about him are true, he has a suite case where he keeps all his magical creatures"

"Really?"

"Yeah, apparently he's heading to Japan to find a dragon"