Fifteen: Past Matters (II)

"Good mo..." Eunkwang trailed off while bidding his words, realizing how Sungjae was continuously walking up into his office without looking at anyone, with his puffy and red eyes.

"What happened?" He mumbles to his self, before walking over to Peniel who was sitting over his designated desk. "I knew this would happen all along." Peniel muttered in annoyance, almost breaking his finger due to the hard typing he was doing because of anger.

"He had puffy eyes and worn out face, though." Eunkwang replied, as Peniel nodded. "Where was Sooyoung?", "He... She hasn't arrived yet."

Cursing lightly, he sighed in defeat before standing up. "Where are you going?", "Somewhere else far from your questions.", "Yah!"

Sighing, he marched outside the building, running somewhere else.

He surely had a copy of the accident.

...

"Just because we broke up, doesn't mean you won't attend the work..." Sungjae sighed, staring into the empty workspace she had left because of what happened yesterday.

Closing his puffy eyes, everything seems coming back. Everything in their memories were slowly puffing into thin air. His hands clenched upon the thoughts, remembering on how it faded as well. Lifting his head a little, he stares into the empty space, wondering what she was doing.

He cleared his throat, before he blinks a couple of times. "Oh right." He muttered, before he grabs his phone, dialing a contact. "Police Lim?"

"Ne?", "This is Mr. Yook's son.", "Oh, Sungjae, how were you?", "I'm fine, sir! Are you free for later?", "Sure, go on. Is there another problem of your father's case?", His brows knitted in frustration, before asking. "What case?" He heard the police gulped in response, before muttering, "I must've been mistaken. Is there any problem?" Deciding to let it slip off, his tongue clicked in response before nodding to his self, "Let's meet later, sir.", "Sure, Sungjae-ssi." Dropping the phone call, he heaved a sigh, realizing that she still wasn't present for her work.

_______________________________

"So, why did you call me?"

Changsub ran inside the restaurant, sitting across the certain lady. "You came, oppa." It was Bo. "hah, Of course I would." He tried to smile, but he couldn't understand on why she wasn't showing off her normal smug smirk. "What happened?" He asked.

"Sooyoung and Sungjae..." she trailed off, before lifting her nervous-filled gaze into the oppa in front of her. "What's with them?" He asked, his eyes intently watching over to see her sudden change of expression. "Who gave green bracelet back to her?" Bo suddenly closed her eyes in irritation, before opening them back to meet his eyes once again. She couldn't understand on why she feels like she was melting under his look, shaking her head to avoid some thoughts. "It's... Peniel." Changsub knot his brows in confusion, "The coincidence was quite bad.", "It's not a coincidence, Changsub-oppa."

He breathed heavily, feeling like something big was still happening behind his back after all this time.

"Peniel, Sungjae, I and Sooyoung were childhood friends all this time.", "Pardon?" Changsub's eyes widen in shock, before he continuously thought of the possible moments when he was supposed to realize the relation of them, but he couldn't quite catch the moments, at all.

"Changsub, his dad was forcing me to marry his son." She mumbled, trailing off before he questioned, "Isn't that what you wanted?" Her brows furrowed together, before shrugging. "Do you really think that I'm that type of girl?", "Ani, I mean you should feel confident since you have his back.", "But Changsub, he's with Park!"