Sixteen: The Green Proof

Sungjae slams the door open, before he glares into the house hold maids inside their certain house,

"Where's mom?" No one dared to bat an eyelash at him, being flustered at the aggressive voice he reached out. Until he saw his father walking out of the bath room with a frown in his face, "Upstairs, what's your problem? You're scaring them off."

His eyes shot to glare into his father, who seem to know something about the accident. He decided to shrug it off at first, before marching into a room all of a sudden, scaring off the remaining people inside the house.

"Is he okay?" His father murmured through the single maid in the living room. Before she explains about his son suddenly slamming the door. What was he thinking?

He aggressively knocked into the door, before hearing his mother speaking, "Come in." His eyes soften all of a sudden, as he decided to step inside before gently closing the door.

He wasn't fond of his father ever since, he was just close a bit within his mother. It was another reason for him to calm his self down as soon as he started hearing her voice. He strolled close to his mother that was smiling weakly at him, sitting into the purple-coloured couch that was near into her pastel bed. "Omma.", "What's with the chaos down there, honey?" His mother questions him, before he swallowed the lump in his throat before speaking. "I was just furious, because of the situations in the company. Nonetheless, do you remember Joy?"

His mom's eyes suddenly tenses up, as if her pupils were dilating enough to question his curiousity. "Joy, Park?"

He clicked his tongue, before contemplating that his girlfriend and Joy were just the same. I'm right. He hissed in response, before nodding before his mom asks, "What's with Joy?" She looks over to her son's eyes as if he was trying to figure out anything related to her. Did he even knew that the suspect for Yong's death was her husband, his father?

"You see, I received a news years ago. I just haven't told you." She muttered, before his eye narrowed, waiting for his mother to speak. "Joy was found dead in her room."

He suddenly slams his finger into the handle of her couch, startling his mother as he stood up with his eyes wide open. You're such a liar. He was contemplating everything in his mind, he wanted to scream in agony about how cruel his parents were. Why were they hiding about her identity, anyways? Is there something that he needs to know?

"Sungjae!" His mom exclaimed in surprise, before she complained. "What's with you these days?" He stares blankly into his mother, "Why didn't you tell me any sooner?" He yelled, before his eyes caught his mother sighing in relief as she sat down back, "I'm afraid to tell you since I knew you treasured her a lot before." Until now, without even knowing.

"That's not an excuse, mom." He retorted, before staring into her while she nodded slowly. "I didn't want to affect your career, honey. But, why were you asking me something about her?"

He tried to smile a little, calming his self down. "Our couple bracelet...", Her eyes widen in fear, before she averted it quickly before muttering. "I told you not to mention it, right?" He surpressed a small smile, before muttering. "Omma, I want to grieve on her memory even for respect." He muttered, before he caressed his mom's cheeks, his eyes captivatingly fluttering as if he was showing sadness inside it. His mom gulped in response, before mumbling, "Sungjae, honey... You should say good bye to the past."

He scoffs into his self, looking over to his mom that couldn't quite catch his gaze as well. "Is my engagement with Bo, final?", "She's a lovely lady, Sungjae. I'd love her to be my daughter-in-law."