Chapter 4

Namara's fighting style was very similar to Natasha's own style, yet there were still some very subtle differences. Namara lashed out with more power, and she was more likely to use her legs than her arms. It was like Namara was dancing, her feet moving constantly. 

  Each of Namara's blows had the same level of power, and she showed no indication of tiring, and Natasha was becoming hard pressed to block her blows. Namara's face was a mask of calm, only her eyes betraying her emotions.

 "That's enough Namara."

 Namara nodded, and turning on her heel, walked out of the training room without a word. Her social skills needed some serious work, Natasha thought.

 "Hey, Nat. You've got to come check this out," Clint's voice echoed around the gym.

"I'm on my way."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "So, I was going through any missing persons reports to see if Namara had any family that SHIELD had missed, and I found something weird."

"Weird how?"

  Clint pulled up a photo on the computer, Steve and Natasha leaned in for a closer look. It looked like a photo of a newspaper clipping. 

 "This is a missing persons add printed in a newspaper by a Miss Jess Rayes. According to the information I looked up on her, she was an orphan, probably a friend of Namara's."

 "Cool. But, Clint, how is this weird?" Natasha asked.

 "I'm glad you asked. The newspaper is from 1949."

"Your kidding," Steve bent down to get an ever closer look at the newspaper. "But that's Namara. She's only 19."

  The photo was in black and white, and the woman had long, curly, black hair. Three dark lines of paint ran down one side of her face, leading Steve to guess she was a performer of some kind. But it was definitely Namara. "How is this possible?"

 "Well, Steve, we know HYDRA has an unpleasant habit of seizing assets and sticking them in a cryogenic chamber for a few years."

"Why hasn't Namara said anything? She certainly doesn't seem very confused with modern tech or anything."

"That's the 60 some year old question Steve-o."