Chapter 25

Namara and the rest of the team followed Stark out into one of the Towers living rooms.  Agent Barrow was sitting on one of the couches, Namara sighed and then internally screamed. God she hated that woman.

 Agent Barrow stood up quickly, "Hello. I'm here to conduct the annual team evaluations. I also have some news regarding the former HYDRA asset that was recently placed here."

  Namara's eyes narrowed, but before she could speak Steve snapped, "His name is Jay Ackermann. He's not an asset, he's a person."

 "Whatever you say Captain Rogers, now please sit down," Agent Barrow said curtly. 

"Alright, so I personally love it when our SHIELD shrink visits, I feel we should all make her welcome. So let's reveal one thing about ourselves," Stark said, pouring himself a glass of scotch and plopping down onto a couch. "Namara you start."

 Namara glared at Stark, fantasizing about clawing his eyes out. 

 Stark pinched the bridge of his nose, "Alright then. I'll start. Sometimes I look at Namara and think that if her eyes weren't so creepy, we could totally hook up."

  "Oh my god!" Namara snapped, putting her hands over Jay's ears. What followed was a stream of angry swearing that would have made a sailor blush.

 "Mr. Stark, Ms. Ackermann," Agent Barrow said angrily, "If you could please control yourselves. I've already conducted the individual assessments. This wasn't a psychological evaluation, I simply have some questions and new orders to convey from Director Fury."

 "So you lied when you said it was Evaluation day?" Stark asked.

"Yes."

 Namara removed her hands from Jay's ears, "What do you want Barrow?"

"First of all, it's Agent Barrow. Second, the Asset AKA Jay Ackermann is to be turned over to SHIELD in 24 hours. Agent Namara Ackermann will be placed at an undisclosed SHIELD location after she's turned the Asset over. That is all."

  Agent Barrow stood and left, the door slamming behind her. Namara was rooted to the spot with shock, she'd just gotten Jay out of SHIELD, she couldn't turn him back in. What could she do? A thousand ideas ran through Namara's head. She glanced at Jay, the boy still didn't realize what had just been said.

  Namara jumped off the couch, grabbing Jay's wrist and pulling him behind her. 

"Namara, where are you going?" Steve called after her.

 She ignored him.