Chapter 35

"Namara! You have to stop!" Steve shouted, slamming his SHIELD into her, knocking her to the ground. 

  She rolled to one side, one of her arms hanging limply by her side, broken too much for it to heal instantly. But even with only one arm she raced for him, slamming into Steve with all her weight. He tried to reach out and grab her hair, keep her from clawing his eyes out. But she'd chopped her hair off so short that his fingers merely ran through her black hair. 

  Her hands closed around Steve's throat, his SHIELD laying out of his reach. He couldn't breathe, his vision going dark. Was this how he would die? 

  Suddenly, hot red blood splattered Steve's face, and Namara's limp body collapsed on top of him. The pressure on his throat was gone. 

 Steve pushed Namara off him, staring in shock at her limp body. There was a gaping hole in the center of her forehead, blood running in streams down over her pale skin. Her wild eyes glazed over, completely blank. 

  "What? Natasha... what did you do?" Steve stammered. 

 Natasha shoved her pistol back into it's holster, "Head shot. It takes her a good ten minutes to get over a bullet to the head."

  Steve stared down at Namara's unconscious body, "What do you do with her?"

 "Well, first off. We need to get her restrained before she heals and tries to tear your throat out again." 

 Natasha grabbed Namara's arms, pulling them behind her back and cuffing them roughly in heavy metal locks. A short chain ran from the cuffs on her wrists to a pair of cuffs that Natasha clipped around Namara's ankles. It was a sort of hog tie, made so Namara couldn't stand or move, struggling would simply pull the chains tighter.

 It seemed incredibly inhumane to Steve, but he knew it was necessary. 

 "Steve, grab her and toss her into the plane. Quickly, before she wakes up."

  Steve grabbed Namara gently and carried her up to the ship. 

 Once they were inside, and the plane had lifted off, only then did Namara begin to wake up. Steve staried in fascination as the bullet would healed up, the skin stitching itself back together.  She groaned slightly, her face twitching. She started wriggling again, arching her back and trying to break free of the chains binding her. 

  Then Namara's eyes opened, her eyebrows creased in concern. "Steve?"