Chapter 15

The storm outside jolted the plane, and Namara glanced anxiously at the SHIELD soldiers who were strapped into the seats of the plane around her. The collar of her SHIELD issued combat uniform scratched uncomfortably against her neck. This uniform didn't fit as well as her jeans and t-shirt had, and she wasn't sure how well she'd be able to move. 

  This would be her first mission with SHIELD after she'd been cleared for combat.  But no one on this plane trusted Namara, it was like being a rabbit in a den of wolves. Except the soldiers around her saw her as a wolf. Though she felt like the rabbit in the den of wolves, she knew it was the other way around for the soldiers. They were rabbits, and she was a wolf. A threat that had to be contained and monitored.

  There was a jolt as the plane landed, and Namara stood up. The agents around her tightened their grips on their weapons, as they stood and followed Namara out of the plane.

  "Ackermann, your orders are to go in and clear the building. We'll be waiting outside to support you if that's necessary," One of the masked agents said in a clipped voice.

 Alone? How was she supposed to clear the building out alone? This was definitely a test, to see how useful Namara was. She could do it, she had to.

 "Alright, wish me luck," Namara said sarcastically. 

 She crept along the building in the shadows, blending into the dark shadow cast by the building as though she was a part of it. Namara was an expert at pattern recognition, so it was easy for her to pick out areas where soldiers were most likely to be, as well as the code for the keypad. 

 Typing in the most likely code, Namara waited for the door to slide open. She darted in, seconds before the door slammed closed again.