chapter two

JAX

“Jesus, what the hell happened?”

Cara Cara was completely trashed. Broken cameras and other equipment were all over the place. The couches and beds were all torn up and the dressing rooms were ransacked. Luanne was pacing around the studio with her hands knotted in her hair.

“It’s gone. My laptop is gone. Do you know how much footage I have on that?” She said.

I sighed and put my hands on her shoulders.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get it back I promise.” I told her softly.

Luanne pushed me away and disappeared into one of the offices. Juice picked up what was left of a camera and turned it over.

“Whoever did this, knew exactly what they were looking for.” He said.

I nodded and looked over at Ima, who was standing in the corner with her arms wrapped around herself. Opie joined me and we walked over to her.

“Do you have any idea who would do this?” I asked her.

She swallowed hard before answering me.

“I don’t know his name, but someone has been trying to get a lot of the girls to work for him. Hardcore shit too, nothing I’m into. He told Luanne that if she didn’t turn us loose she’d pay.”

Opie glanced at me and then to Ima. She looked up at me and then to the floor and held herself tighter.

“How do we know you’re telling the truth?” I asked her.

Ima rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Believe me or don’t, Jax. Someone broke in here and tore the place up and stole our footage. Just wait and see what happens next.” She said before stomping towards the door.

Opie followed her with his eyes, then turned to me.

“What do you wanna do, Jax?” He asked.

I shut my eyes and rubbed my temples so I could think.

“Okay, I’ll talk to Luanne again to try to find out who this guy is then we’ll get the laptop back.”

He nodded and went to tell the others to get ready. Luanne told me that the guy’s name was Marcus and he was an amateur director trying to make the big time. He was into real hardcore porn. S/M, bondage and torture. She didn’t know where he was shooting out of, but Juice was able to track him to a warehouse just outside Charming.

Outside of the warehouse there were three skinny looking teenagers guarding the door. I nodded to the guys and we crept up on them.  

“Hey! You can’t be here!” One of them shouted.

He fumbled behind his back for his gun, but we drew ours quicker.

“Easy kid, you don’t wanna do anything stupid.” I said with my gun aimed at him.

They both swallowed hard and put their hands up. Tig took their guns and Half Sack tied them up.

“Where’s Marcus?” I asked them.

They looked at each other but didn’t say anything. I could tell they were brothers. They had the same eyes and blonde hair. They couldn’t have been older than 17.

“Listen, tell us where he is and we’ll let you two go.” I told them.

The older of the two shook his head at his brother to keep him quiet, but the younger one spoke up.

“He’s inside with some girls filming.” He said.

I nodded and we went inside. The place was a shit hole. It was dark and damp and the sound of rats scampering around filled the air. In the distance, we could hear screams and the crack of a whip. Towards the back of the building there was a dim light on. I nodded for us to spilt up and Chibs and I headed towards the light.

“Yeah, you like that huh bitch?” A man’s voice said before he brought the whip down.

A woman shrieked and whimpered after the whip bit her flesh. As I crept around the corner, I froze. The woman was chained to the wall with her hands over her head. She was completely naked and was covered in welts and bruises. My mind flashed back to when Derek had McKayla in the motel room. I was red. I ran into the room and hit the man with everything I had.

“You like beating up women, you piece of shit!?” I shouted at him as I punched him.

Again and again I brought my fists down onto his face. Chibs was shouting at me to stop but I couldn’t. All I could see was Derek hurting McKayla. Finally, Chibs pulled me off of the guy and slammed me against the wall.

“Easy Jackie. Take it easy.” He said softly.

I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

“Get her down.” I said to him.

He slowly let me go and went to cut the woman down.

“What’s your name?” He asked her.

“Misty, what the hell did you do that for?” She asked as she picked up a robe that was on the floor.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at her. Juice, Tig, and Opie came in and looked the four of us over. Tig was holding a laptop in his arms.

“Look what we found.” He said.

I nodded and looked at Misty. She had tied the robe around her and was sitting on a filthy mattress that was on the ground.

“That’s Marcus’ laptop.” She said.

I shook my head and walked over to her.

“No, he stole this and vandalized a studio.” I said.

Misty shook her head and looked at Marcus.

“I knew he wasn’t legit.” She muttered under her breath.

I looked at Chibs and he shrugged.

“What did he tell you?” I asked.

Misty rolled her eyes and picked up her clothes from the floor.

“He said he was a famous director and would make me famous, I just had to be down with anything.” She said before walking out, leaving us there.

“Let’s get this back to Cara Cara.” Tig said.

We all nodded in agreement and started to leave. Chibs put his hand on my shoulder and stopped me.

“You alright, Jackie?” He asked me.

I looked at Marcus again and then nodded to Chibs.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”