Chapter seven

“Can you take it a little easier this time?” McKayla asked as she rolled on top of me.

I chuckled and put my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her to my lips.

“Whatever you want darlin’.” I said against her lips.

She straddled my hips and was slowly lowering herself down on me-----

“Hey, Jax-Oh Shit!”

Opie threw open the door right at that moment to see McKayla on top of me, with her bare back to him.

“Be out inna minute, bro.” I said to him, a grin cracking my face open.

Opie muttered something and closed the door behind him. I looked up at McKayla, whose face was cherry red. I tried to keep it together, but I started laughing. She hit my chest playfully and laughed with me. She rolled off of me and got out of the bed.

“I’m gonna get a shower.” She said.

I nodded and she closed the bathroom door. I picked up my clothes off the floor and pulled them on as I walked out of the room. Opie was sitting at the bar having a beer when I came out.

“Dude I’m sorry, I didn’t know she was back.” He said.

I laughed and patted his shoulder.

“No problem bro. What’s up?” I asked him.

He nodded towards church.

“Clay wants up to speed with the murders.” He said in a hushed voice.

I nodded and we went inside. Everyone gathered at the table and I lit up a smoke.

“Alright, Jax. What’s going on with this shit?” Clay asked me.

I nodded and flicked the ashes off my cigarette.

“Okay, thanks to Juice we found out that Luanne paid the torture porn creep to make the warehouse look like it was robbed. She offered him a sponsorship if he did. She called us because she had to, but didn’t expect us to rough the guy up for robbing the place. She thought we’d call the cops and then she’d collect the insurance money. The guy got pissed and told her he wanted paid for us beating up him so she wired him a half million dollars. The murders was personal, he wanted to show us who we messed with.” I told them.

Clay rubbed his temples and sighed.

“Great. Where’d the porn queen get the half mill?” He asked.

“She’s been cookin the books.” Chibs said.

“Christ. Okay, she’s Otto’s old lady so we’ll go easy on her.” Clay said.

No arguments here. Otto’s done some great things for the club, and he was paying for it in the Pen.

“Where is this prick now?”

“In a house by the docks, we were gonna pick up him now.” I said.

Clay nodded and told me to take Opie and Tig with me. We adjourned and got up to leave.

“Jax, a minute?” Clay called for me.

I closed the doors and faced him. He was lighting a cigar and had one hand on the gavel.

“I see your woman’s back.” He said.

I nodded and stubbed my cigarette out.

“Yeah, she got in last night.” I said.

He nodded and let out some smoke.

“I know. I was here. Did you set up a ride for her?” He asked me.