chapter nine

CLAY

That bitch is definitely up to something. There was no way she was just going out shopping with Half Sack. No one else was in the club house. I used this to my advantage. I finished my beer and made my way down the hall to the apartment to see if I could find anything else.

“Jesus,” I said as I opened the door. It reeked of pussy.

On the floor was McKayla’s clothes.

“Bingo.”

I picked up her jeans and went through the pockets. A business card fluttered out of the pocket and on to the ground.

Gabriel Cross, Attorney at Law

“Son of a bitch! “ I shouted.

That little bitch was talking to a lawyer. Perfect, we just got ATF off our ass and now with this porn shit, they’ll lock us up for sure. I wonder if Jax knows his little girlfriend is shacking up with a lawyer. I tucked the card in my pocket for safe keeping and tossed her jeans back on the floor. Back out in the bar, Half Sack was just walking in.

“Hey Clay,” He said.

Him and the girl were friends. Maybe she told him something. I sat down at the bar and lit a cigar.

“I saw you leave with Jax’s girl on the back of your Harley.” I said as I let out a puff of smoke.

He tensed. I could tell he was thinking carefully about what he should say.

“Yeah, she asked for a ride.” He said with a shrug.

I nodded slowly and leaned my elbows on the bar.

“You know, it’s not good to mess with members women. Especially the V.Ps girl.” I said accusingly.

Half Sack swallowed hard and went pale. I could see the nervousness all over him. Perfect.

“You’re not trying to tap that, are you?” I asked quietly.

He shook his head quickly from side to side and sweat broke out on his forehead.

“No!” He shouted as he spun around to face me.

I shrugged and sat up straight.

“Come on, she’s a hot piece of ass. I bet she’s a freak in bed.” I said.

“Clay, she’s Jax’s girl. I would never even think of that!” He said.

I leaned in close and dropped my voice to a whisper.

“Then where the hell did you take her?” I asked him.

He sighed and hung his head.

“She asked me to take her into town that’s all I swear.”

“Why?” I asked him.

He sighed deeply and hung his head.

“She said she was meeting a friend for lunch. I didn’t ask, but I watched her go inside the diner.” He said.

I nodded and flicked ashes off the cigar.

“Tell me.” I said.

He went on to tell me she met a man. A man that was driving a Black Lexus just like the one that brought her here from the airport. It has to be the lawyer.

“What are you gonna tell Jax?” He asked me quietly.

I stood up and put my arm around him.

“Nothing, you’re in the clear.” I said.