chapter three

Three

McKayla

Now boarding, 378 to California’

I sighed in relief and grabbed my bag off of the floor. The airport was crowded and I couldn’t wait to get out of it. My mother has probably tried calling me hundreds of times, but I threw my phone in the toilet as soon as I got to her house. I never wanted to see or speak to her again. I tried calling Jax from a pay phone when I got to the airport, but he didn’t answer. My mind was swarming with thoughts as to why he didn’t answer, but I forced myself to believe that he was just busy. He would answer the next time I called, I knew it.

As I made my way to my seat, I saw a man sitting by the window. I double checked my ticket and let out a slight sigh.

“Excuse me, but I think you’re in my seat.” I said from the aisle.

The man turned to face me and I was met by the most stunning green eyes I’ve ever seen. His hair was the color of whiskey and looked as soft as a teddy bear.

“I’m sorry. I was just looking out the window.” He said.

His voice was as sweet as honey and his smile was genuine and soft. He rose from the seat and let me inside.

“My name is Gabriel.” He said.

I swallowed hard and carefully slid into the seat.

“McKayla.” I muttered.

I gripped my bag on my lap and watched him sit down in the end seat out of the corner of my eye. Gabriel smile and held his hand out.

“Pleasure to meet you, McKayla.” He said.

Slowly I reached out and put my hand in his. As soon as our hands touched, I felt something. Something I’ve never felt before. Not even with Jax. My mouth felt like a desert as I tried to swallow. I pulled my hand away quickly and forced myself to look away from those hypnotizing eyes.

Oh boy, I was in trouble.

JAX

“Do something! This is all your fault! If you wouldn’t have pissed him off, Jax..”

Gemma stepped between me and the furious Luanne and backed her against the wall.

“You’d be wise to remember who you’re talking to.” She said darkly.

Luanne gulped and crossed her arms.

“Well, look what happened!” She shouted.

I was. In front of me was a mangled mess that used to be Ima. She was ripped open from end to end. Blood was all over the warehouse and her face was practically caved in. The only way I even knew it was Ima was the butterfly tramp stamp she had. Whoever did this, wanted to send a message. I crouched down and ran my hand over my face.

“Jesus,” I said to myself.

Opie bend beside me and made a face.

“You thinking retaliation?” He asked.

I shrugged and shook my head. It had been two days since I roughed up the torture porn guy, so anything was possible.

“I have no idea man.” I said.

He put his hand on my shoulder and we both stood up.

“Get Happy and the prospect to clean this up.” I told him.

He nodded and took out his phone. I went over to Luanne and she glared daggers at me.

“She was one of my best girls, Jax. What am I supposed to do now?” She spat at me.

I clenched my fists and tensed my jaw.

“You should be more concerned about something killing porn stars, not how you’re gonna get paid.” I said fiercely.

She shivered and went into her office. Gemma put her hand on my forearm.

“You okay baby?” She asked me softly.

I nodded and looked down at Ima’s messed up body.

“Op! Let’s go pay Mr. Torture Porn a visit.” I called.

“Be careful, Jackson.” Gemma said.

I kissed her cheek and left the warehouse with a heavy heart and sick stomach.