Follow X the X Examiner

Rukei was not a very talkative person. Gon knew that. But he still talked to her even if all she had to reply with was 'I see' or an 'Is that so?' or an 'Interesting'. Because while she wasn't good at showing it with her expression or in her words, her tone and eyes said she rather enjoyed listening to stories about Mito-san, Kon, and Whale Island.

"What about you, Rukei?" He asked. They had been running for about two hours now and she estimated how far they had run; thirty kilometers.

She didn't quite understand what the boy was asking, "What about me?"

"I bet you have a lot of stories about Shichi, right?" Gon explained, looking at her expectantly.

"Oh... Well..," she had to turn the other way and give herself a moment to stop herself from smiling. She faced him again. "One time, Shichi-oneesan caught-,"

A loud, indignant, and familiar yell interrupted her. "Hey kid! Show some respect for the Hunter exam!"

They both picked up the pace a little to see the reason for the commotion. They found Leorio pointing at a boy their age riding a yellow and red skateboard.

He stared up at him cluelessly, "What do you mean?"

"That's cheating!" He blew up on him, "You can't ride a skateboard!"

He blinked, before continuing on like a little toddler to his scolding parent. "Why?"

"Why?' It's an endurance test!"

"No it's not!" Gon broke in, catching up next to the two. "The examiner only told us to follow him." She almost sighed to herself. She wished she brought her bike.

Leorio fumed, yelling at the other boy. "Gon! Whose side are you on?!" He quickly turned to the girl, "Say something, Rukei!"

She blinked slowly before glancing at the boy. "Like what?" She asked quietly. He seemed very, very vaguely familiar, but she was confident enough in her memory to remember any kid her age, one with conspicuous white hair at that. He seemed to be on the more normal side of dress in comparison to her friends with the white shirt thrown over the dark blue turtleneck and his baggy gray shorts.

He pushed himself over to herself and Gon randomly asking a question. "How old are you?"

"Huh?" Gon raised his eyebrows but continued to smile, "I'm twelve."

"Twelve." She replied, as the boy seemed to think about something for a minute before closing his eyes and kicking off the skateboard. The yellow board spun in the air and he caught it before landing back on the ground without missing a beat.

He matched their pace, coming along side them, "I guess I'll run too then."

"Wow! That was cool!" Gon exclaimed, referring to the trick he did moments prior.

"I'm Killua," the boy introduced himself, glancing at the other two expectantly.

Gon grinned back at him, "I'm Gon."

She normally would have replied with just 'Rukei' and that would be it, but for whatever reason, she just felt like throwing a couple more words in. "I'm Rukei."

She glanced back. Leorio had fallen behind considerably and not too long afterwards he came to a complete stop to the ground, his briefcase clattering after him close by. She halted in her steps, following Gon's example, and this made Killua stop, staring at the other two.

"Hey, forget him. Let's get going."

She turned her gaze to the white-haired boy, "If you want to go then go on yourself." She looked back at Leorio and then to Killua again. "We'll catch up soon."

Hunters X and X Heroesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें