Fear X Nothing

"Currently we have a 3,000,000 diamond and 2,400,000 jenny in leftover cash. And we also have 2,750,000 jenny from the arm wrestling. That give us a total of around 8,000,000."

"8,150,000," Rukei corrected.

Leorio glared at her, waving his arms around, "I said around, around! Anyhow, we need to turn this into at least 9 billion the minimum opening bid for Greed Island... I don't see how we can pull that off by legitimate channels."

Gon smiled uneasily at Leorio's evaluation. "I wouldn't call that arm wrestling legitimate."

"All the challengers towards the end were half-desperate losers trying for revenge," Killua pointed out, pulling his arms behind his head.

"That's fine," Leorio grinned, "That was my original goal."

"Huh?"

Leorio continued to explain, not in the best way so Rukei didn't really get it, "We need as many people to embellish the tale."

"What do you mean?"

The man claimed that the arm wrestling was "bait" to draw out "the moles". Leorio's plan had worked apparently, when their 'moles' offered to sponsor Gon to allow him to enter some underground arm wrestling. Just as the spiky-haired boy was about to step up to the plate, someone jumped into the ring, announcing that the event was canceled for some conditional auctioning.

"To win you must play hide-and-seek! We'll start by passing out flyers. Examine the pictures on the flyer. Those seven people are your targets!"

Rukei accepted one from one of the ladies with a mask, looking the paper over; surprisingly enough, the lady that Gon had wrestled with yesterday was included among the seven. The majority of those in the pictures appeared to be playing some kind of card game when the picture was taken.

"In order to win the bid, you must capture and deliver a target to us. For each target brought in, you will receive a nice sum of 2 billion jenny! There is no time limit! It doesn't matter if your target is dead or alive. Please contact us once you've capture one!"

Gon looked up, baffled, "Two billion each?!"

"If we catch them all, we'd have fourteen billion!"

Rukei wasn't sure how she was feeling about participating. Two billion was a high number just to catch one of them so the amount of difficulty must be equally as high, if not higher. But no matter how she felt, they signed up for the job anyways.

Leorio seemed to be in good spirits for this golden opportunity, "We need to hurry."

"There's no need to rush," Killua assured in a bored tone of voice with his hands in his pockets, "They won't be able to catch our targets. After all the mafia's having trouble with them."

"What do you mean?"

"This conditional auctioning is nothing but a bounty hunt," the white haired boy explained, "In other words, the mafia is admitting that, alone, it can't capture it's targets."

Leorio mulled over the boy's words, "You have a point. They were willing to suspend everything to track them down."

But this wasn't the end of Killua's information, "I just heard that the underground auction was attacked last night."

"The underground auction?!" Leorio echoed, "Was it them? That's why there's a reward for their heads?"

"Yep. They must be crazy to steal from the mafia. And we already know who'd be crazy enough for that."

"The Phantom Troupe!"

Gon was reminded of their blonde friend upon those words. "I wonder what Kurapika's doing..."