6.

Andre.

"Asia this is Parker..he is the guest I was talking about last night." I told Asia as she was packing lunch for Prince for school.

"Aren't you a handsome young man..it is very nice to meet you, I'm Asia." She said, and he shook her hand.

"Mommy he's so cool, is he going to be staying with us?" Prince asked.

"I'm not sure, go get your book bag out of your room."

"Alright.." he said before taking another spoonful of cereal, and running off into his room.

"So...I heard you go to school with Kaija and Harmony."

"Yeah...but I knew Kai before Ms. we were in a group foster home together for about 2 years.."

"Really?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah..we were best friends."

"Wow..I was her—

"Social worker? I know." He answered, and I looked at Asia surprised at how much she knew.

"Are you..still a foster child?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I'm straight though...My folks dead."

"Well you are welcome to stay here however long you need unless you crazy or a thief..your not one of those things are you?"

"No ma'am" he chuckled.

"And if you try and push it up on one of my daughters, I know niggas." I cleared up, and he licked his lips.

"Don't listen to him....you and Kai would be a cute couple..did you guys ever have a thing?"

"Asia!" I jumped in.

"What? I want to know..he looks like a decent young man someone I can see my daughter dating."

"Nah, we were just friends that's all." He chuckled.

"Good." Andre said.

"I think I'm going to go back home today. My foster mom said I could come back, and I don't like overstaying my welcome."

"If you need a place to sleep we are always here."

"I appreciate it Ms.Freeman." She smiled before Prince came rushing back out with his book bag.

"Mommy we have to leave before I'm late!" Prince said tugging her shoulder.

"Alright I'm ready baby..let me go check on your sister." Asia went to go check on Aasiyah who was taking forever in the shower.

"I need to go see my son today..you need a lift back to your foster mom house?" I asked, and he nodded his head.

"I appreciate it. We going right now?"

"Nah, I gotta take a quick shower and then we can leave."

"Aight cool."

I then went back in the room took a quick shower, said my goodbyes to Asia and the kids and we left.

"So you used to play football?" Parker asked when we got in the car.

"Yeah..but I tore my ACL and it ruined my whole career. You always lived out here?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah I just never been into football it's always been basketball for me so that's probably why I don't know about you."