8.

Kaija aka Kai

I was walking with Parker outside of the church after we ate. My father forced him to come, and it turned out he really liked it once we started talking. He was really quiet up until this point and I'm glad he still feels like he can open up to me.

"It was real chill, I might come again."

"You should..it's not a bad thing to go to church." I told him.

"I know. Its just real new to me. Im used to new though so I think I can get used to it." He said stopping at the corner, and I stopped to.

"So tell me what happened with you and that boy." I said referring to the guy he got into a fight with about a week ago.

"You know I missed you right?" He asked trying to change the subject.  I smiled.

"Yeah..I missed you to Parker. You glo'd up but you didn't answer my question."

"I know..I just need to work on my anger sometimes...I sometimes feel like I can't walk away from situations because I did it all the time when I was a kid..in that situation...I should have just walked away." He sniffled looking off.

"You still didn't tell me what happened."

"So basically...this bitch nigga—

"Really? You just came from church." I punched him in his arm playfully.

"My bad...this guy tried to punk me because his girl was flirting with me and...Stuff. And he called her the B word and I told her she doesn't have to let him talk to her like that. He got in his feelings and tried to punk me so I had to defend myself. I hit him first."

"Well you did the right thing and the wrong thing..you stood up for the girl and told her not to take his mess.. but you shouldn't have hit him first..I can see why you did it though but if he wasn't attacking you it was no purpose in the fight unless he hit you first." I explained.

"I know you right..I'm really working on it I'm always fighting for no reason that's why I just like to stay to myself."

"But you always been like that."

"True..can't trust people and I always think someone's against me. Childhood really fucked me up man."

"Hey, nobody is perfect. Don't beat yourself up about it you can only try and do better." I said taking a bite into the cupcake I was holding.

"Yeah..you right." He said looking down on me. "You got something on your lip."

"Huh?"

He took his thumb and wiped off the icing I had on my lip. I stared back at him and saw this intense look in his eyes. A look of desire, and I felt the same way for a second. He rubbed my chin and leaned in, but I pushed him away.

"Sorry." He said looking away scratching his head.

"It's okay." It was quiet for a few seconds until he broke the silence.

"Kai can I be honest with you real quick?"

"That's all I ever asked for since we were little so yes you can always be honest with me."

"Alright so...I've had a crush on you since I met you. You been more loyal to me than anybody I ever knew besides my folks..and—

"You have a crush on me?"

"Yeah...You so bad, and I can't help it you always been there for me to. I really appreciate and I'm glad we got the opportunity to see each other again...I'm too old to be playing games Kai I just want to make you mine." He grabbed me by waist and pulled my body into his.